Hello, I am going overseas and would like to stop the emails from being pushed to my BB 8320. Do not want to incur additional overseas data charge. Is there a way to do it. My hotel room has got free wireless so I am thinking that I will only activate it when I am in the room using free wifi?

Is it possible? Any work around?
    06-20-09 03:09 AM
    Easiest way is to sign on to your carrier's BIS page here (https://bis.ap.blackberry.com/html?brand=starhub), and for each acct you have on your BIS, go to filters and under "When no filters apply" select "Do not forward messages to device." Do this for each email that you have set up, when you get back, change the setting back to forward.
    Last edited by paultyler_82; 06-20-09 at 04:10 AM.
    06-20-09 04:07 AM
    Thks mate!!
    06-21-09 08:41 PM
    But if I change the profile I will not be able to recive the email even when I am on my hotel room wifi right? I was thinking just to make use of the free wifi instead. Is it possible?
    06-22-09 12:00 AM
    But if I change the profile I will not be able to recive the email even when I am on my hotel room wifi right? I was thinking just to make use of the free wifi instead. Is it possible?
    you'd have to reverse the filter option when you were in the hotel room.
    06-23-09 03:45 AM
    you'd have to reverse the filter option when you were in the hotel room.
    thanks mate
    06-23-09 11:58 AM
    There's got to be a simpler solution. Would it work to turn your data off - manage connections icon, mobile network options, then data services on or off or off while roaming?

But maybe that still won't push your email when you do connect with wifi, I dunno.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD