Hey guys! I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone: The flash on my 8330 chooses when it wants to work.

I thought it had died completely, but it went off this morning when I took a picture. It seems it's more likely to work when there is actual light than when it's dark.. It's getting on my nerves. I've changed the housing too so I've voided the warranty therefore no replacement from VZN. I don't want to buy a brand new bb just for the flash. I know it's a novelty (back in MY day..) but I would like for it to work!

I've done battery pulls and turned the flash on/off with no luck. Like I said, it pretty much works randomly.

I did search the forum for an answer/similar question so I hope no one yells at me for missing anything.. I found this but my flash works occasionally so I didn't see it as being the same. Also I was wondering if anyone new had an answer! Thanks ya'll.
    09-21-09 09:29 PM
    With camera open, go to options and change flash to ON from auto.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 09:39 PM
    when in camrea mode press the space bar and that should toggle the flash from 3 different settings
    1) Auto
    2) Every pic gets a flash
    3) Off

Try toggling between these and see if it helps

09-21-09 09:39 PM
    OMG I feel so stupid, I never realized there was an 'automatic' setting. It was always set to ON or OFF.

What is the difference? It's working for now on 'auto' and when I turned it to on (which it had been on anyways)

WHAT GIVES!

Thanks guys!!!
    09-21-09 09:47 PM
    the space bar will also toggle the flash from off to on while in video mode as well

09-21-09 09:49 PM
    okay, false alarm. It stopped working again.
    09-21-09 09:50 PM
    Alright, I did a battery pull and it still didn't work.

I took the battery cover off just to test it. Still nothing. Then I put it back on and the flash decided to work again!

I've been playing with it, turning it to on, off, and auto and it still seems like it will only flash in a darker area with the flash on auto and on is more picky. I don't know; it's possessed!!

Thanks a bunch for your help though!
    09-21-09 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD