Hi,

Just a quick review on what i have...I have an unlocked Blackberry Curve (8300) for AT&T. I have the Blackberry Internet Service (unlimted). I have NO problem browsing websites via the browser. The TCP settings that are in Options / Advc. Options/ TCP are as follows:

APN: wap.cingular
    Username for APN: [email protected]
    Password for APN: CINGULAR1

I have multiple TCP based applications that do no connect for whatever reason. Some say "Failed to Transmit", some say "Error Communicating with Server" etc...

Any ideas as to what to do because AT&T is giving me the whole "we dont support 3rd party applications" BS...

Also, are there any service books associated with TCP?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by LSD4me; 09-24-07 at 03:42 PM.
    09-24-07 03:20 PM
    Well i have the same issue, and i found out from one of the software developers that my network/service provider does not support Direct TCP. So check in with your provider. What network are you on?
    09-24-07 11:00 PM
    My network is AT&T (former Cungular)...and it does support TCP...when i first got the phone, everything worked ok , all TCP apps aorked perfectly ..ie (MidpSSH)...after i had an issue with my service books, i had to wipe my entire device and they had sent out all my service books again....now the only thing not working is TCP...web browsing works ok...
    09-25-07 08:32 AM
    Ok, I have found the problem and think that others may get some help from this solution...This stems from the Blackberry device from either being connected to a BES server (Blackberry Enterprise Server) and then disconnected...or if the the Blackberry Desktop Software is configured during installation for BES instead of BIS....

The solution to restore TCP/IP to your applications is as follows:

1) Goto Options, Advanced Options, Service Books..

2) DELETE (Its ok...) ALL your service books except for PROVISIONING..You will not be able to delete PROVISIONING just in case you try to..

3) SO now that the only service book that you have listed there is PROVISIONING....remove the batter and wait 5 seconds and put it back in and reboot your phone...

4) Within 5 minutes or so, all your service books will be pushed back to your phone and viola!
    09-26-07 08:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD