I can't find the built in to do lists(tasks) I have read that it is bad, but I want to see it as my needs aren't that high

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-08 07:30 PM
    On the Home screen press the menu key and select Show All. It should be there.
    07-26-08 07:36 PM
    On mine I have an icon that shows a clip board with a check board on top of it in red. I don't know if this carrier to carrier but mine is verizon. Also why is it so bad. Jw cause I don't use it anyway I just use the memo pad and calander.

07-26-08 07:38 PM
    Ok, maybe I deleted it. I don't see it anywhere. Is there a way to reload all OEM programs?

07-26-08 11:03 PM
    Go to your desktop manager and then Application Loader. Ensure that "Tasks" is checked. If it's not there, then you may need to download the OS again.
    07-26-08 11:21 PM
    Ok, maybe I deleted it. I don't see it anywhere. Is there a way to reload all OEM programs?...
    Yes. If you have your OS installed on your PC, you can run Desktop Manager/Application Loader and check the Tasks module. That will reload it. If you don't have the device OS installed on your PC, you will need to go to your carrier's site, download it to your PC, install it on your PC, and then go back to the start of the paragraph. But you can do it.

I'm curious about who told you Tasks was bad, and what was wrong with it. I use it. It syncs with Outlook and meets my simple needs.
    07-26-08 11:21 PM
    I have tried to use it but I always forget it is even there :crazy:

I wish it would show a reminder on the home screen as long as you have unfinished tasks

07-26-08 11:37 PM
    I use tasks all the time. Some of them I integrate with the calendar, others I choose to keep in my tasks "to do" list.

You will like that feature if you spend some time with it. I started out not liking or caring about tasks. Now, I can't do without it!

07-26-08 11:41 PM
    I have tried to use it but I always forget it is even there :crazy:

I wish it would show a reminder on the home screen as long as you have unfinished tasks ...
    That's probably theme-controlled. I use it with Outlook. It shows a task list on "Outlook Today" on my PC.
    07-26-08 11:42 PM
    I use it all the time, I do wish the same thing though: that it would show on the home screen and not in the Today view only.

07-26-08 11:42 PM
    I read some posts here that it wasn't very good, but I want to see for myself before paying $29 for one

07-27-08 05:17 PM
    paying $29 for tasks?
    07-27-08 06:03 PM
    paying $29 for tasks?

You can pay me $29 bucks and i'll PIN you when it is time to take the garbage out

07-27-08 06:07 PM
    Is there a way to set my phone to remind me of a task, I can't seen to figure it out. I have a Curve 8330
    01-21-09 12:15 PM
    Create a task, and set a reminder by date. Select the date and time you want to be reminded. Be sure that the active profile has a non-mute tone selected for tasks. When the selected date and time arrives, your phone will sound whatever alert you have chosen.
    01-21-09 01:45 PM
    Create a task, and set a reminder by date. Select the date and time you want to be reminded. Be sure that the active profile has a non-mute tone selected for tasks. When the selected date and time arrives, your phone will sound whatever alert you have chosen.
    How do you do this if you want to be reminded every day? Do you have to change the reminder date? I have it set up to recur every day but couldn't figure out how to get a reminder tone every day.
    02-24-09 07:22 PM
    IMHO the built in task list should be more than adequate for most folks. I too was concerned about the native task app but after customizing it I have been pleased. I did get GOT 2 and like it pretty well. It merges your calendar and tasks into one screen. It also has a lot of shortcuts to cut down on clicks. Its not perfect but is good for a free app.
    Tp

02-24-09 09:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD