I am going on holiday shortly to Cuba (from London) and am planning on taking my Curve, but i wanted to know what is the best way of stopping emails coming to my handset whilst im abroad as i do not want a huge data bill.
    The options i have in mind are
    1) deleting the email addresses from BIS for the duration
    2) putting the phone on 'phone only' profile (not sure what this does)

I am currently on O2-UK. I do not fancy changing to a normal tariff and then going back onto a data BB tariff after 2 weeks.

Please advise....
    11-18-08 06:48 AM
    The phone only profile means that you will only be alerted to the phone rings, audible, you will still receive your textx etc it just will not make your audible alert.

You can switch off the data however with by your manage connections icon.

You may want to call o2 to be sure the exact way so you are not overcharged, and hear it from the horses mouth so to speak
    11-18-08 08:01 AM
    The phone only profile means that you will only be alerted to the phone rings, audible, you will still receive your textx etc it just will not make your audible alert.

You can switch off the data however with by your manage connections icon.

You may want to call o2 to be sure the exact way so you are not overcharged, and hear it from the horses mouth so to speak
    how do i do this via the manage connections icon? (sorry, im new to BB)
    11-18-08 08:28 AM
    Manage connections - mobile network options - data services ( should currently say on ) turn it to off. That should do the trick but like the other person said even doing that its best to contact your service provider and double checked so you don't get screwed

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-08 09:27 AM
    well let me ask you this. do you still want to recieve calls or do you not want the blackberry to work at all? if you still want the phone to work then go into your mangae connections icon. its one of the icons on the main screen. then go down to mobile network options, click data services and select Off. not off when roaming because you don't know for sure fi your phone will kick the data service or not so select off just to be safe. and there u go.
    11-18-08 09:34 AM
    and if u just want the phone off? go to mobile connections and select "Turn all connections Off"
    11-18-08 09:35 AM
    If you want the phone off. Just leave it at home before you head to the air port then you have no possible overages to worry about

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-08 09:44 AM
    well let me ask you this. do you still want to recieve calls or do you not want the blackberry to work at all? if you still want the phone to work then go into your mangae connections icon. its one of the icons on the main screen. then go down to mobile network options, click data services and select Off. not off when roaming because you don't know for sure fi your phone will kick the data service or not so select off just to be safe. and there u go.
    i want to be able to receive calls/txts but no data.
    thanks for the help.
    11-18-08 10:13 AM
    Turn the data off..n Emails = data, try it now, turn the data off and call your phone.
    11-18-08 10:15 AM
    IF you turn the Data off, the ONLY thing you will be able to do is make phone calls. No web browsing or anything like that will happen. as far as not getting your email on it but still being able to browse the web, you could delete your email link in the email setup and then you could still use the phone for web stuff and phone calls.
    11-18-08 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD