I have BB curve with AT&T, I have the data plan plus texting, does sending pictures come under the testing or data plan? I talked to a customer service person with AT&T, but I don't think she knew the correct answer. The reason I'm asking is I don't need the texting if Pictures are included with e-mail or to my husbands BB which is on a data plan also.

Question 2--how do I find video on BB Curve 8310, or is there not one?
    01-21-08 04:30 PM
    You can send pictures via email for no additional charge if you have the Blackberry data plan. Sending pictures via text is called MMS and those are usually extra.

Are you looking for a video camera? There isn't one. The Curve will play video's that you convert and place on a memory card, though.
    01-21-08 04:41 PM
    1. I believe sending pix are considered what they they call Multimedia Service Messages (MMS)...which does require a data plan. Ive tried attaching a pix as a text message and all my 8310 does is convert it into a MMS instead of a SMS any...
    2. As Ive search the forum topics Ive found the blueapple.mobi website...from what I understand att BB 8310 doesnt support stream videos but Ive tested this website and though slow to upload...I cant complain..
    01-21-08 04:45 PM
    Thanks guys, Everything you guys said makes sense. If the pix is in a e-mail it must be thru a data plan.
    01-21-08 05:24 PM
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds to me like pics can be messenged from BB to BB with the pin messenger. That would require data plans but no texting plan needed.
    01-21-08 10:36 PM
    waaaaaait. i have unlimited text.. and the unlimited data plan. so sending a picture via MMS will still cost me extra?
    01-22-08 01:44 PM
    no ... if you are with AT&T they now include MMS in their SMS plans ... so if you have unlimited SMS you are unlimited MMS ... and if you have unlimited data to boot ... well then everything is gravey isnt it
    01-22-08 01:51 PM
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds to me like pics can be messenged from BB to BB with the pin messenger. That would require data plans but no texting plan needed.
    You're correct, along with being able to send voice notes.
    01-22-08 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD