Hey so I have looked on the forums and I havent located someone with the same problem that I am experiencing.

First off, i have a 8310 locked to Att and when i first got the phone i deleted the telenav off the phone (this was when i got it back around thanksgiving of last year).

Second, recently I decided i wanted it back and i thought it would be as easy as going to media mall on the phone and downloading it, however its not so. By the way, I am subscribed to GPS access through ATT because my live search and google maps is working

i finally found a link to download it and it came through as ATT NAVIGATOR but when it loaded up on the cell it came up as ATT MAPS and kept telling me to upgrade to ATT NAVIGATOR GPS

there is no upgrade link. it told me to call or visit a store

so i figure that i will just go around this and download the one straight from TELENAV, the non-ATT branded one.

However, they dont let you pay through your bill, which is what I want to do since i dont want a separate bill coming. (I called TELENAV before att to see what the problem was and they said my 30 day trial was up and that was all they would say)

So i call ATT and she tells me to delete every NAVIGATOR and TELENAV application from the App List which i do

she then tells me to go to att.telenav.com/nav on my browser which is the OTA download.

so i go there and download it and it takes forever to install and everything is going great, it shows up as ATT NAVIGATOR in the menu, so i go to the registering process again and low and behold when it starts up it says ATT MAPS AGAIN

So i dont know what is going on, im downloading NAVIGATOR but its coming up MAPS and this is straight from the NAVIGATOR website. anyone know whats going on with it or can possibly help me? Thanks in advance
    04-24-08 03:09 PM
    i cant be the only one who is experiencing this.

ive downloaded it and redownloaded it, take it to the att store and had the people in there look over it for around 2 hours.

spent around 2 hours on the phone that no one has been able to fix

got a warranty replacement and its doing the same thing...

telnav navigator downloads att navigator which after startup screen turns into att maps and wants me to upgrade to gps navigator which is a complete rat wheel race.

please help!
    05-05-08 10:34 PM
    Hey:

Could you figure this out? I am having the same problem and don't know how to fix it. Thanks
    05-10-08 04:14 PM
    Try this link "http://ota.telenav.com/ota/tnatt/"
    05-10-08 04:42 PM
    I just downloaded it and it's asking for a password. Where do I get that password?
    05-10-08 04:55 PM
    The program is ATT maps until you pay for the navigator service. It is not a free service. After you sign up for the pay service it will automatically become att navigator. That was how it worked on my curve. I am on the 30day free trial.
    05-12-08 09:26 AM
    The att rep told me that was what it was supposed to do, but i am subscribed to the service and yet to no avail, its still asking me to upgrade to gps navigator. the icon on my cell phone even says att navigator but the welcome screen says att maps. i also went to that link that jayden0606 recommended and it was the actual telenav which i also have but i dont want to do a separate bill.

is it possible that when i got my replacement phone and i backed it up and transfered the old phone to the new, that i also transfered the problem?
    05-12-08 10:59 AM
    I am not sure if you transferred the problem. you could always wipe your phone and install the OS over again. I am sorry I cannot be more help. Did you try running a route on the navigator then see what happens? Even after I activated mine for the free trial it still said ATT maps until I ran the first route on there.
    05-13-08 06:31 AM
    The password is the last four digits of your phone# because that's what it was for my friends Tilt that had the the same app as you. Hope it works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-08 06:51 AM
    Hey there, 2 things. I work for ATT, and yes the password should be the last four digits of your phone #. If that does not work, call 1 800 331 0500 from another phone and have your blackberry with you. Explain the prob to the rep and ask then to trasnfer you to ATT Blackberry Support (also called ANS), and sorry, but explain your problem to that rep. Lastly if that doesn't work, as a last resort, remove telenav from your BB, ask to be transferred back to a customer care rep, have the rep remove the feature from your call plan and then readd it, have them send a fresh OTA to your ph, then go to the site and redownload. Hope this fixed your problem, sorry for all the work you have to do. Other suggestion, see if there is a warranty support center in your area, and take it there, you can look this up by going to www(dot)wireless(dot)att(dot)com/findastore make sure you highlight warranty support in the search filed.
    06-26-08 11:19 PM
    I would like to know why they took Tel-Nav away and put Navigator in. They removed some features that I liked.

The compass that gave a GPS grid coordinates as to where you were, if it is there I cannot find it.

Is there a difference in the Tel-Nav vs the Navigator?

msblueline
    08-31-08 08:22 AM
    its not a download issue. you have to call att and subscribe to telenav
    your live search is working because att doesn't lock down our gps like verizon...but you still have to pay for there service
    08-31-08 09:13 AM
    its not a download issue. you have to call att and subscribe to telenav
    your live search is working because att doesn't lock down our gps like verizon...but you still have to pay for there service
    Just out of curiosity, was this reply meant for me?

msblueline
    08-31-08 09:18 AM
    no for the OP
    08-31-08 09:26 AM
    Ok, thanks. While your here, do you know anything about the compass on the navigator?

msblueline

08-31-08 09:31 AM
    i don't have a compass on mine...at the top of the app does it days att navigator or att maps?
    08-31-08 09:33 AM
    When it loads it says ATT Navigator. I do pay the (rounded up) $10.00 a month for the tel-nav service.

msblueline

08-31-08 09:39 AM
    hmm i'm not sure. i've never had a compass in my navigator. are you asking about it cause you have it or cause you miss it?
    08-31-08 09:44 AM
    Prior to Navigator taking over it was just Tel-Nav. Under "my stuff" there used to be a compass with GPS Coordinates. Telling us our current location. Navigator does not have this, but, Tel-Nav did... Yes I miss it. I need it. Guess $10.00 isn't enough for them for that service.

msblueline

08-31-08 09:51 AM
    if you have 4.5 you can get your gps coordinates
    go to options>advanced options>gps>menu> refresh gps
    08-31-08 10:03 AM
    I just downloaded it and it's asking for a password. Where do I get that password?

J -

Try the last four digits of your phone #. Worked for me ...
    09-02-08 11:52 PM
    Prior to Navigator taking over it was just Tel-Nav. Under "my stuff" there used to be a compass with GPS Coordinates. Telling us our current location. Navigator does not have this, but, Tel-Nav did... Yes I miss it. I need it. Guess $10.00 isn't enough for them for that service.

msblueline

Did you ever find the compass in the Navigator, or something that shows coordinates and speed? I had to get a new device and thus had to download the new navigator rather than telenav and have been searching for a compass for the last day. Thanks.
    11-08-08 05:36 PM
    I liked telenav better than att nav. Telenav gave me exit numbers but att nav doen't. Also I miss the cool gps compass. Can you download telenav instead of att nav
    03-29-09 03:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD