Last night while on the phone with T-Mobile they had me try to switch my network selection mode to manual from automatic. It just kept scanning for networks, and then timed out. They said it could be the fact that the Blackberry servers were down. I tried again a few times and it just keeps scanning and finds nothing. The phone works fine. Everyting works except streaming audio and video (which I'm pretty sure is unrelated). I know the servers are back up because I was finally able to resend my service books.

My question is, what is the proper setting? Is there any advantage of one over the other? I don't know what is was before the upgrade, so I'm not sure what to do. Were they just having me try that because of the problems I was having related to their server being down (which the operator wasn't aware of at the time we tried this)?
    Last edited by tardman91; 10-11-08 at 08:06 AM. Reason: I keep thinking of more questions to ask :)
    10-11-08 07:59 AM
    I have mine set as follows:

Data Services: ON
    Connection Preference: Wi-Fi Prefered
    Mobile Network: T-Mobile
    Newtwork Selection Mode: Automatic

In the 11 months I have my BB I've never used manual network selection.

The only network issue I have with T-Mobile is sometimes I will have 5 bars and go into a store or restaurant and lose service completely. The phone will go to SOS.
    10-11-08 08:15 AM
    I have mine set as follows:

Data Services: ON
    Connection Preference: Wi-Fi Prefered
    Mobile Network: T-Mobile
    Newtwork Selection Mode: Automatic

In the 11 months I have my BB I've never used manual network selection.

The only network issue I have with T-Mobile is sometimes I will have 5 bars and go into a store or restaurant and lose service completely. The phone will go to SOS.

Mine are the same..

And I see your avatar, I lived in Tallahassee for 7 years, Go NOLES!
    10-11-08 08:17 AM
    Thanks. So I'll just leave mine alone. I suspect it was just a suggestion trying to fix my problem last night. Sweet.

And yes, GO NOLES! I graduated in '05.
    10-11-08 08:27 AM
    I didnt attend, I just lived down there from 01-07.. at one point, almost right on campus LOL was good for the game days, but loud LOL
    10-11-08 08:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD