I'm tryin to assign individual ringtones and have done all the profile adds but still isnt working I can change the main profile ringtone but makes all the same, even with the exceptions do I have something checked wrong?
    01-13-08 04:08 PM
    Go into editing the person you want to change in your address book. Click to edit the person. Roll down to the number you want to set the custom ring tone to. Hit the button just to the left of the green send button (sorry not sure of the name). Roll down and you should have an option to add custom phone tune.
    01-13-08 04:21 PM
    Yep I did that too but it still isnt recognizing it? I have it active on normal profile with exceptions and the exceptions have custom ringtones but they all still ring the same as the active ringtone
    01-13-08 04:30 PM
    Try this simple fix that I found on the forums... hopefully I understand your problem:

MyFaves has it's own set of ring-tone rules.

Go to MyFaves, click on the contact... then open up the menu and edit the ring-tone.

I found out that you have to change the contact info in the MyFaves menu for any ring-tone changes to take effect (if the contact is a MyFaves contact).

The MyFaves rules supersede all ring-tone rules for all MyFaves contacts.

Hopefully, this fixes your problem. It is so simple, yet it aggravated me for weeks.
    Last edited by trelawrence; 01-14-08 at 06:44 PM.
    01-13-08 05:37 PM
    thanks I'll try that and see what happens
    01-14-08 09:13 AM
    I had the same issue Ruffneck. trelawrence is correct. The MyFaves settings for ringtones supersedes anything else.
    01-14-08 12:54 PM
    I had the same issue Ruffneck. trelawrence is correct. The MyFaves settings for ringtones supersedes anything else.
    same here. . . give it a try and see if it works

Dan
    01-14-08 05:47 PM
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! The MyFavs change did it. My MyFavs were the ones that were calling me and I kept playing with their profiles, etc.

This fixed it !!! Now they all have their own ring.

Thanx again!!

Tinpau
    02-10-08 06:17 PM
    Howdy... I am new, am ********, and can't find the "myfavs" place....
    03-24-08 08:59 AM
    Its an icon on your apps menu. It might be hidden so click the menu button and hit show all. But myfavs is its own icon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-08 09:11 AM
    tried this and still no dice my one myfav contact still wont play the profile i created and exception i set for her when she send me a text or call it any other suggestions
    Last edited by nowitizkisson; 06-16-08 at 12:16 PM.
    06-15-08 10:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD