hello everyone, hopefully someone can help me out. I tried the usual search but since i'm totally new to the Blackberry World I got lost and couldn't find what I was looking for

I recently added a new voice and data plan (Blackberry unlimited web +400 messages) under my account and got a Blackberry 8320. The main purpose of this new account was to let my brother use the new Line and Simcard for his unlocked phones (work related). Yeah I know, he's using a blackberry data plan on non-blackberry unlocked phones for no reason but I plan to change it to the regular smartphone data plan soon.

Anyway since I was going to open a new line I thought that I might as well get a new phone and keep it since he doesn't need it. I found a great deal on the Curve and was hoping to simply use it as a backup phone and swap simcards from my main line (T-Mobile G1) when needed.

Now my main phone and other account is for a T-Mobile G1. I also have the unlimited data/web plan for this particular account. What I have learned so far from searching this forum is that I obviously cannot have Push E-mail, internet browsing, etc., or any Blackberry apps unless I have the correct Blackberry Data plan. I would basically have simple phone capabilites by swapping the sim from my G1.

As mentioned, I know I cannot have push e-mail capabilites, etc. but is there a way where I can still setup and use basic POP3 e-mail accounts using the Edge network? It also has Mini-Opera installed so would I also be able to browse and do other web related activities?

I know that I am limiting the capabilities of the phone by not having the Blackberry Data Plan but since I don't really need 24/7 email on my phone I was just planning to use the Curve as a backup to my G1 (by swapping the simcard) but was also hoping to get basic e-mail, web browsing, messaging and of course phone use out of it.

If the above mentioned isn't at all possible, then I may be better off just selling the phone and let somebody use it's features to the fullest.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by ront75; 12-18-08 at 02:30 PM.
    12-18-08 02:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD