Will it work?

My job is sending me to Japan. Will my phone work? I'll be on an American Army Post.
    02-07-09 08:55 AM
    I don't think so but call T-Mobile and ask them. Maybe they have a solution.
    Good Luck!
    02-07-09 09:56 AM
    My job is sending me to Japan. Will my phone work? I'll be on an American Army Post.
    The 8320 does not support 3G. In particular, the UMTS 2100 band supported by, for example, the Bold and 8707g/h.

The latter two models are available as rentals ($10-20/day). If you have BES, it should be fairly easy and you can shop on price. BIS is turning out to be tougher... still researching...
    02-15-09 04:13 PM
    Will it work?

T-Mobile USA does not offer a BlackBerry that will work for you. You'll have to get yourself an unlocked 8707, Bold or Storm. Get one of those and an international data plan, and you'll be just fine. You'll have no problem with coverage I imagine: I was riding on the subway in Osaka and could still get data and voice coverage on my 8707.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 04:56 PM
    The big thing is that GSM is not deployed in Japan. CDMA & W-CDMA are in use.

Japan is too high-tech oriented for GSM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD