Just curious about us t-mobile users. How do you guys like your phone with t-mobile. Any pros or cons? Going through the posts i notice alot of ATT/Cingular users? Any reason for that. Is that the carrier that offers Wi-Fi and GPS?
    12-31-07 09:01 AM
    Just curious about us t-mobile users. How do you guys like your phone with t-mobile. Any pros or cons? Going through the posts i notice alot of ATT/Cingular users? Any reason for that. Is that the carrier that offers Wi-Fi and GPS?
    I'm with T-Mobile (8320) and it's fine, for me. T-Mobile has the best signal/coverage in Houston/Baytown of all carriers I've used. This phone does not have GPS. Not sure whether it's the 8300 or 8310 that does. It has Wi-Fi. I don't use Wi-Fi, so I don't really care about that feature.
    12-31-07 09:37 AM
    When it comes to coverage,it really depends on where you live,att has the gps enabled blackberry,while t-mobile has the wifi enabled blackberry,that's the difference,I had verizon and now tmo,when you've had verizon and switch,you truly can tell the difference in coverage and data speeds,tmo runs on the slow edge network.I've had dropped calls,failed calls with tmo,coverage that goes in and out but I'm willing to stick with tmo because i really wanted a curve,a gsm phone(they get the new models faster then cdma carriers ,and hopefully tmo will roll out a faster 3g network

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-07 10:35 AM
    The 8320 has WiFi and the 8310 had GPS. T-Mo offers both, but you supply your own GPS subscription and application (i.e. Telenav). I opted for the 8320 and I loaded Google Maps with "My Location' which is damn close to GPS, but using the nearest Cell tower as opposed to your phone for location.

I am in PHX and my ATT/Cingular/ATT/Whoeverthisweek signal was crappy, so I switched to T-Mo without looking back.
    12-31-07 10:51 AM
    T-Mobile gives me the best coverage and I have had good service. I use the wi-fi all the time. They are the only carrier that gives me coverage at the house.
    12-31-07 10:54 AM
    Att offers the 8310 with GPS, t-mobile the 8320 with WiFi. I have been with T-mobile for almost 6 years now and have seen no reason to change. Their coverage in the Detroit/Ann Arbor area has increased ten fold from when I first started. All the others are more expensive also, especially for having a Blackberry. I do use my WiFi occsianally around town and always use it when traveling (specific reason I got my Curve).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-07 11:13 AM
    Thanks for the info guys. You guys are the best. Is the wi-fi for just phone calls? Im trying to see what i can use it for but t-mo site isnt really helpful. Not much info besides making wi-fi calls.
    Last edited by InZane18700; 12-31-07 at 11:30 AM.
    12-31-07 11:24 AM
    well you can use it to brows the net when in wifi but UMA mainly
    12-31-07 12:24 PM
    I have Tmobile with the 8320. I love it.
    As mentioned, the Google Maps application bases your location of the cell towers and is usually quite accurate in my area.

I chose T-mobile over AT&T due to the cheaper monthly plans for minutes & data.
    12-31-07 01:49 PM
    I Love Tmo!!!!!!
    12-31-07 02:10 PM
    Sorry for dumb question but what is UMA?
    01-01-08 11:39 AM
    Sorry for dumb question but what is UMA?
    Here's a concise explanation of UMA.
    01-01-08 02:44 PM
    excellent, thanks for the link.
    01-02-08 02:37 PM
    I switched from Verizon to T-mo for the 8320, I really liked the idea of having wifi, but there are some things that bother me about Tmo. I notice an echo while im talking and I am surprised at the amount of dropped calls I've had. Tmo is cheaper so thats a plus and they have cooler phones. So its ok but i wish UMA worked better, it drops calls all the time.
    01-02-08 05:35 PM
    Really?? where are you located??
    I've heard raving feedback about UMA users in my area (So Cal), and I'm excited to jump on that when I get my Curve .
    01-02-08 10:38 PM
    Hello all!

I'm new to the Crackberry world, but have been with tmo for over 3 years now. My wife and I were using treo 650/680 but tmo supports blackberry's and not treo's..so we switched.

I got my curve (8320) for xmas, but it had an issue with rebooting while I was on phone calls. So I got a new one sent to me.

My wife liked the curve so much she purchased one too. She's an RN and just downloaded the pepid medical software (well I'm still helping her with the install).

So far, VERY cool phones. We're still getting used to the way the msg's interface works (everything in one place).

We're in the phx area, so we'll see how the phone does with the phone does (but when I tried it out in LA (during x-mas) it was VERY clear.

Thanks for the info on the "my locatoin" with googlemaps. I'm going to uninstall the blackberrymap app, and install googlemaps now.

(Sorry this is so long).
    01-02-08 10:58 PM
    I haven't had any problems so far with my Blackberry on TMO's network. But then I am only using it for data since I have an additional cell phone. (Did not want to muck up my Blackberry with voice calls.. lol) My 8320 is a delight and my cingular unlocked 8800 and used on TMO worked with no problems... I tried the wifi option on the 8320 and didnt notice any issues, but I have not had a chance to fully investigate that feature since it has been only 24 hours since I have had the 8320.
    01-02-08 11:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD