My friend approached me this morning with his T-Mobile Curve, and asked for some help in connecting a Motorola H550 BT headset that was given to him. After playing a second, I was going to do a quick basic memory cleaning (Browser Cache, Mem Log, and a soft reset) for him. I only got to the reset. After doing the 3 finger salute, the phone showed its normal 1-2 second red LED and then nothing. No response from anything. Multiple battery pulls, with longer amounts of time in between don't help. He has not done anything different with it (downloaded or deleted any apps, nor loaded any new software). He has a version of 4.5 (exact is unknown as I cannot get to the Menu), and was NOT connected to a PC at any time when this whole thing happened. I can get the LED to light up by doing the Alt+Caps+Del but it goes off as soon as I let off, and no boot up. The funny part is, he can now connect his BT headset and use the phone, with everything else dead! I tried calling the phone from another line, and after several rings hits his voice mail. My thought is, it's basically dead...can this still be accessing the BT chip? Thoughts? Suggestions?
    07-14-09 07:02 AM
    It's not dead yet.

Try this:

Turn off the BT headset

Remove the battery. Connect the BB to a PC via USB.

If the BB starts to fire up and you get a no battery message (I think) or see the TMO screen, insert the battery and see it starts up.
    07-14-09 07:14 AM
    Ok- thanks! I'll give that a shot...and just to clarify, you mean connect with just a PC alone, no DM, correct?
    07-14-09 07:26 AM
    Correct. It will draw power initially via USB, but may not completely boot up without the battery in.
    07-14-09 07:33 AM
    Ok, no luck...the LED comes on when plugged in, and no battery message comes up. Battery inserted and no change, and the LED goes out as soon as it is unplugged.

And now, it will vibrate (last profile active) when calls come in, and he can answer via BT and the phone (before, he wasn't able)...
    07-14-09 08:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD