I searched but found only a simple answer to how to sync iCal with BB... PocketMac.

But, how do I get PocketMac to CONNECT to my 8330? Each time I try (via BT and USB) nothing happens... My Blackberry doesn't want to connect to PokcetMac so I can sync.

What's the secret? What am I missing?
    09-06-08 10:09 PM
    The old version of PocketMac didn't support 8330 but they just released a new version few weeks ago which support all new BBs. Make sure you download the newest version of PocketMac and it should work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-08 10:47 PM
    I tried... And well, now pocketmac won't even load. My little icon just bounces repeatedly.

Strange...

09-07-08 12:29 AM
    I had the same issue with my mac . . I just gave up
    09-07-08 01:01 AM
    I believe on the Blackerry.com website thereis another link that needs to D/L a driver that works with PocketMac. Did you get this? I know that if it does not work then if call VZW tech support, they will xfer to RIM for support. ALso make sure you have all the updates for your MAC OS,

Good luck
    09-07-08 07:16 AM
    I read that there's a fix, but it seems like the FAQ article was a bit dated - I couldn't locate any of the files to download that they had mentioned. The only PocketMac download available was the latest one - 4.1.25 or something. Whereas the fix was for 4.0.XXb, I can't remember the exact version number..

Doesn't RIM charge $50 for tech support? To save myself $50 I'd prefer to just boot Windows and use Outlook.

09-07-08 08:56 AM
    I downloaded the latest PocketMac 4.1.25 and got it to install and run, but somehow the version is still 4.0.20b? I downloaded and installed the proper .dmg.

URGH! Why is it that the only option that'll work is something you have to pay for? Does anyone else see that as really screwing people?

*** ALSO: where can I find the DriverUpdate.dmg? It's not available on the site anymore. ***
    Last edited by sheena.lee; 09-07-08 at 08:35 PM.
    09-07-08 08:23 PM
    I tried... And well, now pocketmac won't even load. My little icon just bounces repeatedly.

Strange...

I had this same problem and I fixed it by following the Blackberry.com knowledge base instructions, search for completely uninstall Pocketmac.

Good Luck!
    09-08-08 08:37 PM
    I gave up on it. The Missing Sync is wonderful, but I refuse to pay for something I can do for free, and have to disrespect a company that makes a paid alternative to a free solution in case that solution (in this case, PocketMac) doesn't work.

I really like how Outlook 2007 is set up, I can see the assignments due for each class on the date they're due. iCal is a bit more simplistic, which in this case, is not a good thing.

I'm a happy camper!
    09-08-08 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD