In MS Outlook 2007, I have a folder structure to manage my email. Some email I move manually to my sub-foldres and others I have created 'rules' to automatically move email when it arrives in my inbox. On my BB device, the folder structre appears when I menu>View Folders, however the email is not in synch with what's in Outlook. Some emails appear, but not all.

Any ideas on how to fully synch email in my Outlook sub-folders with my BB???

I'm running MS Outlook 2007
    Blackberry enterprise server
    Curve 8830, v4.2.2.89
    02-20-08 09:40 PM
    I thought BES allowed this. I don't have a clue as I am on BIS. I too have many subfolders and archive folders.
    02-21-08 05:54 AM
    These "Sub-Folders" you mention, are they part of your mailbox or personal folders? If they are part of your mailbox they should sync. If they are part of your Personal Folders they will not as you can only sync the mailbox.
    02-21-08 09:59 AM
    They are part of my Outlook mailbox, not personal folders.
    02-22-08 06:52 PM
    I am having the same issue---on BES and the sub folders are part of the mailbox. Some items are synched, but most are not.
    02-22-08 07:36 PM
    On the same only oppisite subject. How can I delete my personal folders from my 7130e?
    03-11-08 10:23 AM
    i'm having a similar problem. i'm on BIS, and i never get emails that go to my subfolders. is there a way to fix this?
    05-21-08 08:47 AM
    open BES on the server
    go to the USERS tab
    right click the user in question
    select CHOOSE FOLDERS FOR REDIRECTION
    make sure you have every subfolder ticked!

Then connect your blackberry again with the Desktop manager software and choose to 'synch'.

Then you should find all your emails synching in their folders.

I just found out this after spending 2 weeks removing users, re-adding, playing with databases, IT policies etc. It was a rule in outlook all along which moved them to a folder, and the folder wasn't ticked on the BES

gl

Richard
    08-07-08 10:43 AM
    BIS will only allow you to sync from your inbox. It will not allow you to sync subfolders, this is the one thing I dislike about the BB and think the iPhone and winmo have over the berry, they allow syncing of sub folders.

BES is a different story.
    08-07-08 11:46 AM
    I tried to do what cropperesp say, but cannot find 'CHOOSE FOLDERS FOR REDIRECTION' no redirection anywhere. Any idea?
    09-19-11 09:18 AM
    I know this post is somewhat old, but I would like to address palo's problem for others that stumble on this thread.

In BES you will go to the following:

-> Expand Users
    -> Left-Click "Manage users"
    -> Left-Click the user in the list to manage
    -> Scroll to bottom of page and left-click "Edit user"
    -> Scroll to the bottom of the page under Messaging configuration pane and left-click "Default Configuration" (this name could be different)
    -> Left-click "Email" tab on the far right of the Messaging configuration screen.
    -> Scroll down until Redirection Settings pane
    -> Ensure the radio dial "Selected Folders" is ticked, then expand Inbox and select folders to be redirected/synced with blackberry. Also check any other folders that are to be synced. These changes are for the user being edited only, not the entire org.
    -> Scroll to bottom of page after marking folders and left-click "Continue to user information edit"
    -> Scroll to bottom of page and left-click "Save all"

Hope this helps anyone else with newer BES.
    Graheem likes this.
    11-21-11 10:43 AM
    Very helpful! Thanks for posting this info.

I know this post is somewhat old, but I would like to address palo's problem for others that stumble on this thread.

In BES you will go to the following:

-> Expand Users
    -> Left-Click "Manage users"
    -> Left-Click the user in the list to manage
    -> Scroll to bottom of page and left-click "Edit user"
    -> Scroll to the bottom of the page under Messaging configuration pane and left-click "Default Configuration" (this name could be different)
    -> Left-click "Email" tab on the far right of the Messaging configuration screen.
    -> Scroll down until Redirection Settings pane
    -> Ensure the radio dial "Selected Folders" is ticked, then expand Inbox and select folders to be redirected/synced with blackberry. Also check any other folders that are to be synced. These changes are for the user being edited only, not the entire org.
    -> Scroll to bottom of page after marking folders and left-click "Continue to user information edit"
    -> Scroll to bottom of page and left-click "Save all"

Hope this helps anyone else with newer BES.
    06-26-14 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD