I have a gmail account that is set up in outlook 2003. And I've installed the blackberry desktop manager, which has allowed me to sync my outlook contacts with my BB when its connected to the computer. How can I do this for emails too?

Reconciliation? Synchronization? Configuration?

New BB user here, and I'd appreciate any help!
    07-02-07 04:07 PM
    Am a bit confused here! Why not log into BIS, and add your GMail account there? That way you receive your GMails instantly...
    07-02-07 05:06 PM
    Sorry...I should have been more clear here. I've logged into BIS, and I instantly get gmail emails on my BB, which is great. But, if possible, I'd like to be able to sync outlook emails (where i usually read my gmail) with my BB.

When I connect BB to my computer and run the Synchronize icon in the Desktop Manager, any changes I've made to outlook contacts are updated to my BB address book (and vice versa). How can I synchronize email like that too? I would be great to delete emails from my outlook inbox, plug in the BB, run the sync, and have the BB inbox cleaned just like outlook.

Hope that makes some sense.
    ATT is my carrier
    07-02-07 05:41 PM
    And many many thanks for the preventing-sent-gmail-items-to-your-handheld thread.
    07-02-07 05:54 PM
    Sorry, no can do for email, unless you're on BES - corporate BlackBerry server...
    07-02-07 06:05 PM
    Alright...thanks for the info.

Side question: what would happen if I checked the box next to "Synchronize deleted items between this mailbox and my device" on my BIS edit page?
    07-02-07 06:25 PM
    It would do just that! You delete an email from your account on your BlackBerry, and it would delete it from your GMail account, too...
    07-02-07 06:56 PM
    But it only works one-way.. from BlackBerry to Gmail.
    07-02-07 07:25 PM
    One way and it looks like Outlook is skipped/unaffected in the middle.

What is email reconciliation? And does it come into play with my gmail/outlook/8300 setup?
    07-02-07 08:12 PM
    go to aps-one.com, you can set up a microsoft exchange account with them and wirelessly sync, emails, calander, tasks, memos, contacts..it works great as i haven't had to plug my 8300 into my computer in months..warning, there is some costs to using this service (and you need to have BES not BIS service for your 8300) and to be honest, i am not sure what my cost is but it is worth every dollar that i do spend.
    07-02-07 08:42 PM
    Man that sounds ideal. But I'm working with BIS and unfortunately, from what I've been seeing, a wired or wireless email sync seems impossible.
    07-02-07 09:15 PM
    here is the website that i use and as i mentioned b4, it works perfect, ASP-ONE.
    Last edited by anon(153966); 07-03-07 at 07:11 AM. Reason: ...added link. In previous post, the link was wrong!
    07-03-07 05:32 AM
    So I have a real old hotmail account setup in Outlook too, and I just connected it to my BB. When I delete a hotmail email on the BB, it automatically gets deleted from my outlook inbox (and vice versa). Hotmail is HTTP, and Gmail is POP/SMTP. Whats the difference?
    07-03-07 08:28 AM
    HTTP - it's looking at the live running data, i.e. internet almost...
    POP3 - post office protocol, like the mail man delivering mail. You get it, and own it...

SMTP- Simple Mail Transport Protocol - delivers emails to mail servers, i.e. allows 'cross connections', talking to other mail servers...
    07-03-07 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD