Hi team!

I feel really stupid but after spending �700 on my lovely new PC with Windows Vista Home on it I then found out that BlackBerry Desktop Manager V2.2 doesn't work on it! I then spent nearly a week finding a site that managed to download the massive 208mB of Desktop Manager V2.3 in less than 6 hours (as is the current download time direct from BlackBerry) and I thought all my problems were solved...NOT.

It doesn't give me the option of synchronising with Windows Mail and Windows Contacts!!! Does anyone know if there is an add-on to facilitate this!

By the way, I was very pro Microsoft Outlook prior to Windows Vista but..guess what? Yup!!! Windows Vista doesn't work with Microsoft Outlook older than 2002 and forces you into using Windows Calendar and Windows Contacts! Clever Microsoft huh?
    12-13-07 11:57 AM
    I, like you, am also extremely lucky to be a BB user and extremely unlucky to be a vista user. I figured out a way to do it using contacts. just search for posts started under my name <drtsaks> and you'll find step-by-step instructions.
    12-19-07 04:22 PM
    If you use Desktop Manager V4.3 with Windows Vista and select the option to sync your Blackberry with Outlook Express, it will actually sync with Windows Contacts.

The only clue offered by RIM on how to sync contacts is buried in the Release Notes, which imply that OE6 and Contacts are viewed as the same

---
    The following organizers are supported for use with Intellisync:
    � Lotus Notes 6, 6.5, 7
    � MS Outlook 2002, 2003, 2007
    � MS Outlook Express 6, Windows Contacts (Vista Address Book)
    � Novell GroupWise 6.5, 7
    � Yahoo!
    ---

DMv4.3 still has several syncing problems. According to the Release Notes "the software supports organizer data synchronization with native Windows Vista Contacts, but not Calendar"
    01-27-08 01:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD