Hey guys

How do i go about automatically syncing my BB (8310) to my personal outlook at home?

So, if I make any changes to say, my calendar, they will then get sent to my outlook and automatically update??

Can I do this without using bluetooth?
    Or can it be done if at all?

Thanks!

x
    09-04-08 05:10 AM
    First uninstall the BB Mgr. And reinstall using the BES/Redirector feature. Also make sure your email address is not set up on the BIS site or you will recieve duplicate email.
    09-04-08 05:56 AM
    BB Mgr on my desktop (pc)?
    My device email i think is set up on BIS, how would i know for sure?

sorry, complete noob!
    09-04-08 06:00 AM
    Yes your BB Mgr on your desktop. To check and delete your BIS email you can either log into your email settings on your phone or use your providers BIS website.
    You may want to check with your provider to see if there is a price or feature change if you use the redirector. VZW charges about $20 more because its bundled in with the BES (even tho you will not be on one).

You'll come to realize CB is a great place for info and help.
    09-04-08 06:29 AM
    ok. i was always under the impression that i needed my device email set up? or is it not necessary then?
    Thanks, it is a great place.
    Im on o2 in England.
    09-04-08 07:07 AM
    edited - realised my answer!
    09-04-08 07:36 AM
    Will this also work on my work computer? My company currently offers the ability to connect to their BES but it would not work because I only signed up for the AT&T Personal Blackberry data plan. I would need to upgrade to the enterprise level data plan which would be $15 more per month. Could I circumvent this by utilizing the redirect feature? I simply want to have my work emails and calander forwarded to my device.
    09-04-08 08:19 AM
    I use a programme called BBerrySync and although had a few teething problems it is set up and working great. Just requires a small application on both your pc and device, to which you then choose what you want to sync and how often.
    09-04-08 10:07 AM
    i use the long way and have my outlook calender syn with google calender and the my bb calender sync back works good once you get it set up
    09-04-08 10:45 AM
    Will this also work on my work computer? My company currently offers the ability to connect to their BES but it would not work because I only signed up for the AT&T Personal Blackberry data plan. I would need to upgrade to the enterprise level data plan which would be $15 more per month. Could I circumvent this by utilizing the redirect feature? I simply want to have my work emails and calander forwarded to my device.
    I'm not sure if att will allow you to use the redirector with that data plan. I know vzw wont allow you on the BIS data plan.
    09-04-08 11:00 AM
    I use Outlook for my home based business(BIS), I sync it with Google calender online.
    I havent as yet figured out how to sync Outlook over the air with my calender on my Blackeberry. If I am with a client. I put their appt on Google and it syncs automaticly every hour. When I get home I sync my Blackberry with Outlook.

Google calender is easy to use and it saves me from having to write stuff down on paper(which i tend to loose). They have the Google calender for mobile.

I dont know if this will work with BES.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by jenibab68; 09-04-08 at 11:40 AM.
    09-04-08 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD