Newbie question, but how do I simply move all my contacts that I have on my inbox.com email onto my BB Curve? I assume it's done with Desktop Manager, but I can't figure it out.

Thanks.
    10-08-09 03:39 PM
    Desktop will sync with outlook and I believe a couple of other apps, but I have not heard of inbox.com. Some use google and sync with it.
    10-08-09 03:52 PM
    You need to use google or fork up some bucks and get outlook.
    If you use vista I think it can sync with windows contacts. Not too sure.
    10-08-09 03:53 PM
    Whether you use Gmail or Outlook or another email client/service, first you need to get your contacts out of Inbox.com. Is there an export function on Inbox.com that allows you to export your contact to a CSV file?
    Last edited by leskchan; 10-08-09 at 04:10 PM.
    10-08-09 03:56 PM
    Whether you use Gmail or Outlook or another email client/service, first you need to get your contacts out of Inbox.com. Is there an export function on Inbox.com that allows you to export your contact to a CSV file?
    Thanks. That's what I did. Worked fine.

Appreciate the help.
    10-08-09 04:21 PM
    Then I would recommend switching to Gmail for your email service going forward. You can import your CSV file into Gmail. Then use Google Sync to sync your contacts and calendar wirelessly to/from your BB.

It's hard to give up your current email address to a Gmail address. You can try for a month by forwarding your inbox.com email to your Gmail account. Basically use Gmail as an email client until you deciding to switch permanently.
    10-08-09 04:25 PM
    Same type question from another newbie. I'm trying to import previous contacts into my new Curve - saved file as CSV, everything ports over EXCEPT the email field. I checked the mapping fields and the only thing remotely close to "Email" is Internet Address1? Have tried several times and still not working. Any suggestions??

Thanks so much!
    10-21-09 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD