Actually I'm not sure what it is.

BB Desktop 4.3.0.17

Curve

Reads fine from device for calendar, taks, memos and synchs fine with Outlook 2007.

The contacts though ..........

The first time I did this the contacts worked perfect. Now it reads them fine from device then when it reads it from Outlook (to compare I guess) it always stops at 2859 of 3131 contacts and displays an error.

I even deleted all contacts from Outlook and set the synch settings to force FROM device only.

Upgrading to latest desktop will make the bad message go away?
    02-27-09 06:21 PM
    I don't recommend DM 4.7. It has its own issues. But definitely try DM 4.6 and see if that helps.
    02-28-09 08:50 PM
    Did you upgrade you OS since the last time you did a contact sync like this. I can see 4.3 causing issues since your running 4.5. I agree with Jeff. Uninstall 4.3 DM and install 4.6 without media manager and see how that works for you. Post back and give us the results please.
    02-28-09 09:12 PM
    I had upgraded to 4.7 but it still hangs on #2859.

I wonder if there is something weird about the contact, a bad/hidden character or corrupted somehow.

Any way to check the number?
    02-28-09 09:26 PM
    No, I was wondering if you happened to upgrade the OS on your blackberry since this all started. You stated that you had DM 4.3 so I assumed that your device came with 4.2 or 4.3 and you upgraded it to 4.5 ....maybe causing some of the issues..just an outside chance is all. What exactly is the error you get anyway?
    02-28-09 09:37 PM
    You can download a program called ABC from here: ABC Amber BlackBerry Convertor

It has a free 30 day trial. You can use it to read IPD files. Use it to open your most recent backup. Look for contact 2859. See if it appears to have a problem. The list will be sorted by full name in first name last name order. You can sort it other ways to see if the 2859th contact has some error. Unfortunately the contacts don't have a unique serial number, so there's no way to be positive what contact 2859 refers to. But at least this is something that's free to try.
    02-28-09 11:12 PM
    Ok I did a semi-random upgrade of the device OS (to 4.5.0.174) and the bad message has gone away lol
    03-03-09 10:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD