Man,...

Is there anyway to speed up the sync between Outlook and my BB?

I timed it and it take approximately 3 Minutes and 45 Seconds....Plus, i have to sit there and confirm all the changes.

One of the problerms is that It prompts me for confirmation of changes...I think it would help if we could somehow do this automatically.

Anyone know how to speed this up?

Thanks very much in Advance!

~Tony
    04-18-09 11:07 AM
    Do you have USB 1.0 or 2.0 ports on your computer?
    04-18-09 11:10 AM
    I'm a 8330 user...for some reason in my profile it shows as 8830.
    04-18-09 11:10 AM
    Ahhh....Good Point Shao...i just purchased a 2.0 USB Hub....versus 1.0 hub....

...i'll hook it up now (lol...i'm so busy man,...i got devices sitting in my office that i haven't even had time to hook up!).

Thanks Bro...i will try that!
    04-18-09 11:12 AM
    Ok...that seems to have speed things up...

I'm down to 2 mins and 25 seconds...

Now...is there a Way to "skip" the confirmation of "changes?"

~T
    04-18-09 11:23 AM
    You may have your settings set to 'Notify' in your advanced tabs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

This is located in 'Conflict Resolution' for each app under 'Advanced' in the synchronization configuration.
    Last edited by Irwin II; 04-18-09 at 12:30 PM.
    04-18-09 12:17 PM
    Speed also depends on speed of your cpu-I sync btwn 2 pc's and see the difference.
    04-18-09 12:32 PM
    Also, no matter how fast your PC is or whether the PC has a USB 1.0 or 2.0 port, the BB USB specification is 1.0.

That's why it takes so long to sync. Have you ever tried moving large video files to the BB? That's why I prefer to take the card out and use a 2.0 card reader instead for transferring my movie files to the media card.
    04-18-09 02:31 PM
    xliderider:
    That is so good to know. You just saved me some time. I was going to poke around behind my box to see if I had my usb plugged into a 2.0 port. I have a lot of calendar entries so that syn takes a long time.

Along those lines, if I set up a filter, say, for days since my last sync will only those changes be synced or will I lose everything not in that date range? Since I make changes to the calendar in Outlook and on the device this is especially important to me. This could save me a lot of time.
    04-18-09 03:15 PM
    Good Question....this would definately speed up the Sync Process...Anyone know?

BTW...how would you do this?

xliderider:
    Along those lines, if I set up a filter, say, for days since my last sync will only those changes be synced or will I lose everything not in that date range? Since I make changes to the calendar in Outlook and on the device this is especially important to me. This could save me a lot of time.
    04-19-09 09:21 AM
    I did this when I was originally moving my calendar from Outlook to my BB, but it was a one-way sync so I don't know if it will work for a two-way.

Go to Synchronize-Configuration-Synchronization-Calendar-Advanced-Calendar Tab-Filters-New (name the filter, I used 'Date Range')-Set new filter conditions-OK-OK-OK-OK-Synchronize

Kinda long, but I think that should cover all the steps. My question is if I set a date range, say, since my last calendar sync will only those changes to my calendar (on both Outlook and the device) be made on both sides without losing all prior entries.

Also, I assume that one should set the filter to use 'start date' and uncheck the box that says ' Delete from device any data that does not match the filter'. Don't know if this will work (seems like it should by the criteria set in the filter), but would be good to know as I have a LOT of entries in my calendar that I don't want to lose.
    Last edited by Irwin II; 04-19-09 at 10:15 AM.
    04-19-09 10:00 AM
    Thanks Very Much Irwin...this technique really helped.

~T

I did this when I was originally moving my calendar from Outlook to my BB, but it was a one-way sync so I don't know if it will work for a two-way.

Go to Synchronize-Configuration-Synchronization-Calendar-Advanced-Calendar Tab-Filters-New (name the filter, I used 'Date Range')-Set new filter conditions-OK-OK-OK-OK-Synchronize

Kinda long, but I think that should cover all the steps. My question is if I set a date range, say, since my last calendar sync will only those changes to my calendar (on both Outlook and the device) be made on both sides without losing all prior entries.

Also, I assume that one should set the filter to use 'start date' and uncheck the box that says ' Delete from device any data that does not match the filter'. Don't know if this will work (seems like it should by the criteria set in the filter), but would be good to know as I have a LOT of entries in my calendar that I don't want to lose.
    12-05-09 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD