Hi guys,

New to the forum. I just got myself the BB 8310 and I was wondering if I can get help on setting up my email. Basically my work has the outlook exchange server and i'm trying to connect to it in order to sync my emails/calenders. I have got the server address, domain and user name/pass.

I am used to windows based devices and therefore am unsure whether this arrangement will work on the 8310. Can anyone point me towards a step by step guide etc which details how I can sync my emails etc from the server to the 8310?

Cheers!
    07-20-08 09:45 AM
    Blackberries will not sync calendars with an exchange server unless your company has a BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) sever to go with it. If your company has Outlook Web Access, then you can set up the BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) to do the email. All other data would need to be done through the sync cable.
    07-20-08 10:11 AM
    Thanks for the reply. A couple of questions;

1) I bought the BB sim free so I don't have an account via my service provider (T-mobile). How can I setup the blackberry internet service account?

2) My work email does support web-access so all i need to do is integrate it into the blackberry internet service?

3) Lets suppose my work does have a blackberry enterprise server, will the server address be different to the Microsoft exchange address? Why other details do i need to get from IT support and where do I enter them on the 8310?

Cheers!
    07-20-08 10:31 AM
    Thanks for the reply. A couple of questions;

1) I bought the BB sim free so I don't have an account via my service provider (T-mobile). How can I setup the blackberry internet service account?

2) My work email does support web-access so all i need to do is integrate it into the blackberry internet service?

3) Lets suppose my work does have a blackberry enterprise server, will the server address be different to the Microsoft exchange address? Why other details do i need to get from IT support and where do I enter them on the 8310?

Cheers!
    Check with your provider for their BIS address. Although someone here will know it.

Yes all that needs to be done is to integrate it thought the BIS.

If your company has a BES then you need to talk with your IT dept to do an enterprise activation.
    07-20-08 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD