Need some advice. I am trying out Sprint (a mogul, windows based phone). I just found out I can get a 8330 without the additional costs and am considering. I also have a TMobile 8320 which gives me problems all the time. I plan to port out to sprint soley and was looking for opinions if I should get a Sprint BB or stay with the Mogul. My biggest concern is I will be unable to manually roam with the 8330. I can switch the Mogul to roam manually but have not personally used the curve.
    08-05-08 07:45 PM
    i know this is no help, but in my experience with sprint, youll be roaming all the time....

the fact you can make it roam and a touchscreen are the only thing WM devices have going...ive had them for years before, and they are all as slow and buggy as the next. The beta i have loaded on my BB seems stable as, if not more than WM6
    08-05-08 08:20 PM
    Hey, there is a Crackberry Forums post with this heading:

"Sprint Curve has manual roaming mode!"

Not sure if you found it or not, just helping .
    08-05-08 08:57 PM
    Definately go with the BlackBerry! I think you'll be much happier in the long-run.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-08 09:05 PM
    If you do not get a BlackBerry then you would have no use for Crackberry.com
    Just sayin ...

08-05-08 09:29 PM
    I have the free and clear plan which is unlimted I really don't worry about roaming

08-05-08 10:47 PM
    I've had the Mogul so I am truly speaking to you from experience- get rid of it- as fast as you possibly can. You may not be having problems with it now- but wait - you will!

There are some issues with that particular phone that Sprint will tell you isnt a "known" issue.
    • Sluggish
    • Will not wake from sleep mode for calls/alarms/notifications (once this problem starts, it doesnt get better- only worse)
    • Screen may go dark for no apparent reason (not referring to sleep mode)

Personally, I will never own another HTC phone. I think you'll be delightful surprised with a BB Curve. I am suggesting the Curve because it comes with more memory and more memory will come in handy since BB's arent designed to run apps from the memory card.'

I'm not sure why people are telling you that you will roam all the time. You can change that setting to "HOME" at any time. The default is "automatic."
    08-05-08 10:56 PM
    I would go with the Curve hands down IMO.
    08-05-08 11:01 PM
    You came to a BlackBerry forum to get opinions on what phone to get, too funny. I have the 8330 from Verizon, and love the device. I came from the WM world as well and will never return. I think you should go with the BB, you will love it! We all do!

08-05-08 11:25 PM
    Here's the deal. I have been with TMobile for almost a year. I have problems with the UMA and service in general. I have been through 9 cures and am tired of the games, I have asked for another compatable UMA phone and non of the replacement phones are UMA. I was interested in sprint because of the "simply everything" plan. However, I live in rural Colorado, so roaming is inevitable. When I ran by and got a phone I was given the mogul because I know it will manually roam from past experience. I still want a BB but am concerned I wont get the service unless I force the phone to roam, and if I do it will be less then what I am paying for. Testing this Mogul I have found I get "full" emails, as if I was viewing them from my computer. However I really enjoy my 8320 and would like to stay with it but the Mogul is very nice except the price for the phone. I guess I am wondering it switching to the sprint side is worth it or waiting to see if a newer version comes out and if loosing the UMA is worth it?
    08-06-08 04:14 AM
    No one here can tell U what to get. We just offer our suggestions & opinions; but ultimately it'll be up to U what U do. U asked what U should get & if U want some more info abt the problem the Mogul has, check out ppcgeeks.com- its a site like this one but geared towards other- esp the entire HTC line up.

Before ditching TMo, try out Sprint for whatever the trial period is. I think with SEP, roaming is included. As I said before, the default setting on the BB is auto, but U can change it to home. I have left mine as auto.

if U try out Sprint, U'll know definitively if they work for U. I don't live rural, so based on Ur conditions, we'd be serving U an injustice by telling U to ditch the T. Besides, trying Sprint- U won't have anything to loose. U'll get the true answer U need.

Let us know how U make out.

08-06-08 05:47 AM
    I came to my sprint 8330 via a 755 palm and I have making that switch was the smart phone purchase I ever made. I live and work in "bfe" and sprint by far has the best coverage in my area. Hope this helps.

Keith
    08-07-08 02:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD