I currently have a 3-month old Pearl and I'm making the switch to a Curve. I am buying the Curve off eBay and it's the same carrier I have now (AT&T), so all I have to do is take the SIM card out of the Pearl and install it in the Curve and I'm good to go right? I mean, there's nothing I have to call AT&T about is there? It should just work? Thanks for the help!
    01-31-08 07:50 AM
    Make sure when you get the Curve, you wipe the device (in case the original owner has data on there still!)...

Once done, connect your Pearl to Desktop Manager, and use the Switch device option, simple...

PS: No, there is no need to call your carrier...
    01-31-08 08:21 AM
    Thanks Navi! Is there a "wipe device" option on Desktop Manager, or what's the easiest way to wipe the Curve clean? Thanks!
    01-31-08 08:39 AM
    From the device / options / security options / general settings / menu / wipe handheld - enter blackberry and then it does it for you...
    01-31-08 08:48 AM
    Also, if you use BIS (Blackberry Internet Service), log in and then go in there and change device. Add in new IMEI and PIN.

From personal experience I had to have an AT&T store to have them change the Pearl to Curve on their computers. So if you log in on you online account it will show the Curve.
    01-31-08 11:34 AM
    It helps to backup the Pearl from the Desktop Manager and then restore when you connect your Curve. The only thing it wont set is the Theme. All my saved texts and emails transferred that way. And my browser settings.
    01-31-08 05:19 PM
    Guys,

I got my new Curve today from a guy on Craig's List. The unit is in pristine condition. Am able to receive and send mail, phone calls, etc. The only thing is that my computer won't recognize the device after my Pearl worked flawlessly for a couple of months. I've tried different usb ports and different cables. I always get the same error message; USB Device Not Recognized....but I AM able to charge the Curve using the same cables/ports that the PC doesn't recognize. Any ideas on how to make Curve "connect" to my PC? I'm going nuts here trying to get it to work, can't sync contacts or anything until I find the solution. Running Desktop Manager 4.2.2. Thanks guys!!
    01-31-08 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD