So I have had a curve over a year now. Now I'm sick of the trackball not wanting to scroll. I just brought a new ball about a month ago. Just ordered a storm and wondering if I made the right decision. I will keep my curve for backup..So what do you think???
    10-11-09 09:54 PM
    It's all personal preference. I liked my Storm when I had it, but I ended up missing the physical keyboard too much. That and the fact there was no way to disable the surepress (I'd have been happier had it been a std locked in place screen) and I went back.

Going Tour next.
    10-11-09 09:56 PM
    You can also use a few shortcuts in a message like space key to scroll down, T=Top, B=Bottom and clean your trackball regularly with windex and a Q tip. If you don't like the 9530, just return it but keep in mind that the new one is around the corner.
    10-11-09 10:19 PM
    Personally, I wasn't impressed at all by the touchscreen, and decided to give them a year or two to work out all the kinks.
    That's my main reason for choosing the curve. It's cheap, and when I'm ready to dump it for an upgrade, RIM should have had plenty of time to improve the touchscreen.

BUT, that's just me. Plenty of people are buying them, and liking them.
    10-11-09 10:33 PM
    Well, it looks like the 9550 is awesome and all the bugs are gone

http://crackberry.com/verizon-blackb...o-walk-through
    10-12-09 09:27 AM
    Imo, I'd prefer a solid qwerty over a touchscreen anyday. I tried using a touch screen phone for like almost a month. It was really a big turn off to surf with touchscreen and do emails. Lol. I went to back to use my curve immediately. But storm is a real cool phone. Cheers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-09 04:13 PM
    So I have had a curve over a year now. Now I'm sick of the trackball not wanting to scroll. I just brought a new ball about a month ago. Just ordered a storm and wondering if I made the right decision. I will keep my curve for backup..So what do you think???
    "Right decision?" Answer: no.

10-12-09 08:05 PM
    Both the storm and curve has its pros and cons. As digitard said its all about personal preference. I personally don't like touch screen phone.

10-12-09 08:09 PM
    It's definitely personal preference.
    I had an iPhone until it was stolen a little while ago. I loved my iPhone and the touch screen on it. I went to the Storm and HATED the touch screen on it. I took it back and got a Curve and like it.
    10-12-09 08:38 PM
    The iPhone is the only touch screen I really like (well my iPod Touch). I don't know why, but the corrective text + key size works very well together. On the storm it wasn't as fluid. That's the one big stand out for touch screen only devices IMO (the iPhone/iPod Touch). The rest I've been "meh" on the touch screen only typing. The Sure Press is nice, and feels FAR more natural than any other touch screen only device, but I found it slowed me down quite a bit overall (not factoring in error correction).

Outside that, I wish that RIM would make TOUCH PRO style device (slide out QWERTY, full touch screen). That would be amazing. I loved my HTC Touch Pro for that since I could do all my tasking on the touch screen, but pop out the magnetic slide keyboard (aka nice and smooth) anytime I wanted to type something. So I got the best of both worlds.

COME ON RIM: SLIDE OUT QWERTY!
    10-12-09 09:23 PM
    I had the storm and hated it, I tried to like it but just couldn't take it anymore and went and got the curve whilke I still could exange it

10-12-09 11:30 PM
    Outside that, I wish that RIM would make TOUCH PRO style device (slide out QWERTY, full touch screen). That would be amazing. I loved my HTC Touch Pro for that since I could do all my tasking on the touch screen, but pop out the magnetic slide keyboard (aka nice and smooth) anytime I wanted to type something. So I got the best of both worlds.

COME ON RIM: SLIDE OUT QWERTY!
    +1

I would also love to see a Touchscreen with slide out qwerty from Blackberry.
    10-12-09 11:50 PM
    Ive been using the storm for almost a year now and I wont go back to a trackball device ever again. Its a great decision especially with OS 5.0. Its not the same device that is was 2 months ago.
    10-13-09 01:40 AM
    Finally a positive response about the storm. I'm keeping my curve for a backup anyway. I changed my trackball and its working perfectly now. But Im still going to give the storm a test drive. It comes today so where would I find the 5.0 for it??
    10-13-09 07:48 AM
    "Right decision?" Answer: no.

Simply put, agreed.
    10-13-09 08:10 AM
    You should of waited for the s2...thats what I'm waiting on.
    10-13-09 08:29 AM
    I was going to wait, but my curve trackball was acting up, I changed it and the phone is actually working like a charm running the 5.0..I got the storm free. In febuary my husband has a upgrade so if its all that they say. I will get it then. By that time they should have located any problems with it.
    10-13-09 08:36 AM
    +1

I would also love to see a Touchscreen with slide out qwerty from Blackberry.
    RIM are you reading/listening? I would love to see a "Storm" that had a sliding keyboard. For now I am happy with the Curve and I will wait until RIM comes up with Curves' successor.
    10-13-09 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD