Yup, just so happen tonight my phone wanted to drop into my cup and fall into pop. Now my wonderful screen is completely dark. If anyone else has any idea please PM me and tell. If not, got any Storms for sale?
    02-24-09 11:49 PM
    Remove the battery and place the phone in a bag of rice, if you have the little silica packs that come with some food products or shoes etc place them in there for good measure. Leave it in there for a day or two. This sometimes helps with water, POP - well I think your not going to like the outcome so... Give it a shot as you have nothing to lose........ Best of luck..
    02-25-09 12:01 AM
    Remove the battery and place the phone in a bag of rice, if you have the little silica packs that come with some food products or shoes etc place them in there for good measure. Leave it in there for a day or two. This sometimes helps with water, POP - well I think your not going to like the outcome so... Give it a shot as you have nothing to lose........ Best of luck..
    Ugh! Thank you, I just hope it comes out somewhat useful. And I guess those thoughts of selling is out the window. But if not I'll bid on this 5 dollar Storm on Ebay.
    02-25-09 12:04 AM
    Ohhhh noooooo pop??!! Not sure that the rice and silica packet trick will work as well with pop as it does water. Its those darn bubbles and then of course the acidity of most pop may take its toll. Bummer

~Jazzi~
    02-25-09 12:05 AM
    Ugh! Thank you, I just hope it comes out somewhat useful. And I guess those thoughts of selling is out the window. But if not I'll bid on this 5 dollar Storm on Ebay.
    That $5 Storm will turn into $200, you'll see, lol.
    02-25-09 12:06 AM
    Lol, oh I know it will! It ends March 5th.
    02-25-09 12:07 AM
    LOL I'm thinking probably more than that. I've been an eBay buyer and seller for years and I just know better.

Blueberry can always hope and dream though........

~Jazzi~
    02-25-09 12:09 AM
    Ohhhh noooooo pop??!! Not sure that the rice and silica packet trick will work as well with pop as it does water. Its those darn bubbles and then of course the acidity of most pop may take its toll. Bummer

~Jazzi~
    Yeah, your probably right. I don't think the acid and bubbles didn't help any when the phones keyboard was already about on it's way out. I can't be without a Blackberry!
    02-25-09 12:09 AM
    i'd say put the phone in water, since it's already pop logged, to break up the pop, then going with the rice+silica option to dry it out.
    02-25-09 12:51 AM
    I think the worst that could be done at this point is to put it into more fluid. If the Curve has any chance at all, it needs the battery taken out and to be placed in rice and silica packets ASAP! While there is no guarantee that it will work because of the nature of pop, putting the Curve into water is like running it over with a truck at this point IMO.

The rice and silica will pull the moisture out and hopefully the hardware will dry out and be fine. Maybe a new battery and/or housing is all that will be needed if lucky that is. I have my fingers crossed and am hoping for the best.

~Jazzi~

02-25-09 01:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD