I'm not sure if this has been asked, but I have received quite a bit of help on previous decisions with my Pearl by scanning CrackBerry forums. Here is my current predicament.

I currently own a Pearl 8130, and as much as I love it, I'm running into more problems, now that I have started school again and been working so much.
    Obviously, being a student, I use my phone as a datebook and planner primarily. I've been using StudentDocket for this, which I've loved.
    However, now that I'm working and going to school so much, my time at home is extremely limited, and I find myself using my BlackBerry on the go, causing the need to download many applications, FaceBook, MySpace, an array of instant messengers, ColorID, Vlingo, as well as a few othe apps I use in my downtime in between moments of chaos.
    I've also turned to my BlackBerry for email correspondence between both my teachers and my family. I have 4 different e-mails connected to my BlackBerry.
    I'm also someone who has a different ringtone for each person, photo ID and all the little customizations.
    I'm finding corrosondence through e-mail difficult, and I find my BlackBerry lagging often, and it getting worse as I need more apps. Obviously the typing and corrosondence will be easier with a full QWERTY, so my question lies here.
    I'm in love with the look and feeling of a Curve 8330 in my hand. I love that the interface won't change too much, but will it help my lagging problems?
    And if anyone has switched from an 8130 to an 8330 and thoroughly enjoyed it?
    I just want to make sure it will be beneficial to me before I go out and buy one.

Thank you for reading this overly extensive question and any help will be greatly appreciated.
    10-21-09 04:48 PM
    I switched to a 8330 and have no regrets whatsoever.

Then I got the Tour when it came out, but hated the keyboard and returned it. I like my Curve.

As for the lagging, you might want to try taking the memory card out of the Pearl. If the lag goes away, you need to move your files off the card, reformat the card, then move your files back to the card.
    10-21-09 05:40 PM
    I actually just reformatted both my card and my device, and the lag is still just out of this world. I'll type out a text, and when I look up, it's just gibberish due to the lag and it not catching the letters. :/
    I am psyched about the Curve, and I'm hoping it's just that my Pearl is internally messed up, and the curve I'm getting won't be.
    10-21-09 05:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD