How many of you have wanted to do the switch and then read the "how to" and said "no way"? I did the leaked 5.0, but my GPS did not work and I down graded. I believe the 5.0 hybrid is a solution, but every time I read through the proper download/upload I procedure, it is a bit frightening. My computer is Vista driven and that may be part of the problem. I have not become "one" with that operating system. Anyway, I did like 5.0 when I had it but the GPS feature of my phone outweighs the advantages of 5.0.
    02-24-10 07:48 PM
    Well, for some reason I couldn't get the Boost 5.0 to work, but I used the hybrid one and it works fine. At first glance there seems to be a lot of steps, but don't be intimidated. They're really helpful and guide you every step of the way!

I'm running on Vista as well and I encountered no problems with the hybrid.

Good luck!
    02-25-10 12:13 AM
    I too did the hybrid and used bbsak to wipe which I never used to do because I thout the install instructions were to much. But I did it step by step like it said to and it all came out fine. I was using xp though. I have windows 7 now but have not yet installed desktop manager. I haven't b een able to get the gps to work though. I've only tried once.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-10 01:10 AM
    If I had to guess, I would say Verizon's service books don't support the GPS in 5.0.

Unless Verizon updates their service books, the GPS will not work, but Verizon has no reason to update the service books since they don't support 5.0
    02-25-10 05:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD