So I killed my Curve (dropped it - AGAIN) and had to purchase a new one.

I do have a backup of my OLD curve which is completely dead. Will not turn on at all.

I am trying to get the OLD settings from the backup to the NEW blackberry. When I try to use "Switch devices" it says, Make sure your OLD blackberry is plugged in first. Yeah, that one is dead so how can I do that.

When I try to choose the "restore" option, it won't let me just use address book, certain items. I am afraid a full "restore" will wipe out this phone's new OS, PIN number etc. Can I selectively restore, or should I just do the whole thing?

I feel like I should be able to figure this out!
    Last edited by amcgowan2007; 07-29-08 at 09:51 PM.
    07-29-08 09:31 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!

I believe you can restore entirely from an old backup (from a different device). This cannot affect the PIN, etc... that is hardcoded to the device!

And the restore will not wipe out any OS... it only restores databases, not the actual OS
    07-29-08 09:35 PM
    I dropped my phone for the first time today getting out of a truck and it fell at least 10 feet with out a case =0 but it landed on its back =] only a little scatch on the side but i believe you can restore everything from the old back up file as said above by bmcclure937

OH BTW 100th POST!!!! =]
    07-29-08 09:39 PM
    Mc, the first time I used switch device wizard, I didnt have the old phone; but SDW worked without it.
    07-29-08 09:39 PM
    I was able to use the old restore file, but it did revert me back to the old OS version.
    07-29-08 10:26 PM
    Are you sure the phone didn't have the old OS? I have restored when getting a replacement and after I put a new OS on it that stays. You have to manual change OS atleast in my experience
    07-29-08 10:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD