Hey guys, I've been looking for a way to download large files on my blackberry and have found a great way to do it.

Review: BB browser has a 5 mb limit on downloads.
    Opera mini will not download on my media card (tunnel timed out error)

Solution: ON YOUR COMPUTER, go to google and do a search for 'opera mini demo' (it's the first hit, 'operamini dot com forwardslash demo'

It will take you to an opera mini simulator which looks exactly like the opera mini browser you will see on your Blackberry. Simply go to whatever site you want to download from and download the file to your hard drive and then transfer it over to your memory card. Problem solved...
    09-16-08 11:59 AM
    You can save the .jad files (which are used in an OTA install) to your computer most of the time without any special emulation.

You simply right click the OTA link... then save the file to the PC... then load to your Berry and run. This will install the app to the Berry using the .jad
    09-16-08 12:23 PM
    You can save the .jad files (which are used in an OTA install) to your computer most of the time without any special emulation.

You simply right click the OTA link... then save the file to the PC... then load to your Berry and run. This will install the app to the Berry using the .jad
    Need to make sure you save the .cod files as well, since the .jad is a resource file that points to the .cod files to be installed.
    09-16-08 12:40 PM
    Need to make sure you save the .cod files as well, since the .jad is a resource file that points to the .cod files to be installed.
    jar file. not cod.

jar files are associated data for jad loaders. cod files are associated with alx files.
    09-16-08 01:07 PM
    do you just run the .jad in the apploader?
    09-16-08 01:14 PM
    jar file. not cod.

jar files are associated data for jad loaders. cod files are associated with alx files.
    Really? I guess I've never seen the files for an alx, but in development of theme files, it generates .cod files for both .alx AND .jad files. Well, thats good to know.
    09-16-08 01:23 PM
    or you can get a program called "OTALoader" which allows you to download any blackberry or java program to your computer for loading via DM.
    09-16-08 01:23 PM
    or you can get a program called "OTALoader" which allows you to download any blackberry or java program to your computer for loading via DM.
    this is awesome!
    09-16-08 01:25 PM
    now i don;t have to keep all the OTA links in my memo pad!

awesome memory saver
    09-16-08 01:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD