I'm a noob--just had my BB for 2 weeks. I noticed a couple of days ago that my battery was suddenly draining very quickly. For instance, it had a fresh charge this morning, I've sent 2 emails, 1 text and took 1 picture and the battery is half drained. I do see the yellow arrows flickering back and forth sometimes when I'm not doing anything. Sometimes it's just the "down" arrow.

Also, sometimes it alarms that I'm receiving an email but no email comes through (also no email is received in "computer" account). Sometimes the emails don't come through at all or are delayed for several hours.

What's going on and what can I do? I did already try a battery pull.....

Thanks guys!!
    03-31-09 11:39 AM
    Are you using Facebook on your device?
    03-31-09 11:40 AM
    FB or viigo can cause this - check what is running on the device as well when you see the activity (to see if its running)

hit alt - esc which is right of the trackball - you should see BBM, phone, messages, browser and home screen - anything else you might see is one to close. Might help
    03-31-09 11:47 AM
    Are you closing out of applications correctly? Go to menu > the close/exit. Just hitting the red end button or escape is not clossing the apps completely.

Take a look at http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 11:53 AM
    I have gotten on Facebook with it, but not regularly.

It sounds like I haven't been closing out the apps correctly. How do I see what apps are running right now so I can go in and close them out?
    03-31-09 01:49 PM
    I have gotten on Facebook with it, but not regularly.

It sounds like I haven't been closing out the apps correctly. How do I see what apps are running right now so I can go in and close them out?
    Taken from post 3

hit alt - esc which is right of the trackball - you should see BBM, phone, messages, browser and home screen - anything else you might see is one to close. Might help. For facebook it doesnt matter if you use it alot or not really, it being installed is enough to cause problems for many users..... If you do not use it much my advice is to uninstall it, hide the icon as well and save the link as a bookmark in your browser and use the site that way.....
    Last edited by Tremortality; 03-31-09 at 01:52 PM.
    03-31-09 01:50 PM
    Okay, thanks! Did that and only the ones you mentioned are running. I don't have Facebook installed, I was just going through my browser. I did have Pandora installed and I just deleted that.
    03-31-09 02:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD