For the last couple of days I've been experiencing the hourglass for everything that I press on. Because the hourglass appearing for everything, its been draining my battery to the point where I have to charge it twice a day. I didn't download anything recently nor any major "accidents". It just lags with every option that I press and the hourglasses appears like if it's waiting to load something. Anyone can help me with this problem?
    03-10-09 07:38 PM
    Lets start with, what is your freel file? opitions>status
    03-10-09 07:43 PM
    it says file free 28960020 bytes am i in the right place?
    03-10-09 07:59 PM
    Had the same problem and now I have a new blackberry. I talked with verizon had to reload the os twice and finally they sent me a new phone. My hour glass was popping up literally every 3 seconds and I was unable to do anything with the phone and on top of that I would take it off the charger at 6 when I get up and by noon it would be dead

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-09 08:01 PM
    What programs do you have running. hold alt and then hit esc (rt of the trackball) you should see BBM, home screen, phone, messages, browser - anything else is running and probably your issue. Report back - your file free is fine.......
    03-10-09 08:11 PM
    It wouldn't be facebook would it? I've heard about that being a problem

03-10-09 08:18 PM
    Nothing open, I actually clicked on one of your links you have on your signature and followed a simple clean up. I removed old links, chaches and cookies from the internet and cleared off useless application, finished it off with a battery power up and it worked. The hourglass appears when it needs to now. I'll report if it starts acting up again. Thank you.
    03-10-09 08:23 PM
    Wish that would have solved my problem lol

03-10-09 08:26 PM
    You can do routine battery pulls to help sometimes too.
    03-10-09 08:26 PM
    MTXThunder9500... It's possible, but what happens most people who are new to the BB tend to not close out apps correctly. I am one who did this when I 1st switched over. Got excited opening this to check it out, jumping here, going there & before you know it things start to slow down.

Maybe in this case some apps are still running in the background, now if everything gets closed out by using menu>close then.....

Edit to add: Well problem solved... my typing still slow!
    Last edited by Tanker811; 03-10-09 at 08:29 PM.
    03-10-09 08:27 PM
    You can do routine battery pulls to help sometimes too.
    I didn't know that it was needed . It seems that it's almost normal. Now I have a voicemail icon on the phone with no current unheard voice message. I've called my voicemail 4 times already and it says no messages.
    03-10-09 08:36 PM
    I didn't know that it was needed . It seems that it's almost normal. Now I have a voicemail icon on the phone with no current unheard voice message. I've called my voicemail 4 times already and it says no messages.
    Leave yourself a voicemail and then when you delete that VM it should disappear off the berry

Works most of the time for stuck VM indicators.
    03-10-09 08:49 PM
    I was going to suggest perhaps an OS issue. When I "upgraded" to .77 I had problems with constant hourglassing. I then switched to a different version and have had no problems.
    03-10-09 09:11 PM
    Unfortuately, I am still suffering with the hourglass effect and the draining battery. Last night I charged my battery to it's fullest and when I woke up this morning, my battery was almost dead . What is this OS update that I see everyone mention on their thread. I'm not the one to start digging through my blackberry, I'm just an average user (internet text, calls etc.) so I am or may not be updated with the new softwares. How can I do this OS update? Or how do I know if I have the new one installed or not?
    03-11-09 11:42 AM
    Please list the apps you have installed...
    03-11-09 11:43 AM
    Heinersgirl what OS are you on? options>about will tell you or you can hit alt - shift - h and look for app version
    03-11-09 11:44 AM
    My emails, AIM (came with the phone) facebook (came with the phone) and myspace (came with the phone). Yes I use them all. The only thing I downloaded was a theme when I first got the phone in Sept 08 and the media player is constantly being updated with music but I delete the songs I don't listen to as much about every month or so. The pictures I delete once I upload them to facebook or myspace. My messages are deleted every 15 days as well as my call log. Nothing really gets saved in my phone expect for phone numbers.
    03-11-09 01:43 PM
    Heinersgirl what OS are you on? options>about will tell you or you can hit alt - shift - h and look for app version
    When using option>about this is what comes up:

BB 8330
    smartphone (CDMA)
    v4.3.0.127 (platform 3.1.0.73)
    cryptographic kerney v3.8.5.11C
    mirco edition configutation: CLDC1.1
    mirco edition profile: MIDP-2.0
    Mirco Edition JTWI version: 1.0
    Mirco Medical Version 1.1
    Mirco Edtion PIM Verison 1.0

Then when I hit next information for Java comes up and the Voice Signal.
    03-11-09 01:55 PM
    Im gonna say its facebook with the constant hourglass, its a classic FB sympton, I use the browser, you can uninstall FB and see if thats the issue, its been an issue for hundreds of other BB users.
    03-11-09 02:00 PM
    Ditto on the Facebook, this has been problematic for many! Especially if it is combined with the other social apps you have listed.

03-11-09 02:05 PM
    Lets see if that works I just deleted Facebook and Myspace from my phone. ::crossing fingers::
    03-11-09 02:25 PM
    Yeah you delete facebook you will have much less issues, I did at least. It causes many issues for some, while others never have an issue - go figure.
    03-11-09 02:32 PM
    Wow the minute Facebook disappeared all my emails came pouring in. I had 32 missed emails and the hourglass seemed to disappear. I think it was the facebook.
    03-11-09 02:33 PM
    I think I know now what it was. Myspace recently asked for an update and it probably clashed with the facebook. I never had problems before with either apps until then. But now that I know those apps are no good. I deleted them all no need to put it on my phone if I can go to the website.

03-11-09 02:38 PM
    Glad you sorted it out. I tried FB once and it was terrible and I read here all the time folks have no issues - baffles me...... I just bookmarked FB and it works fine browsing the mobile site.
    03-11-09 03:16 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD