This damn BB Curve has erased my media card AGAIN. This time I couldn't recover them using the program I downloaded last time. I'm so fed up...I lost videos, pictures and all my ringtones. What gives?!

I have lots of available space thanks to a post last week. I'm really frustrated. I got the card a couple of phones ago and never had a problem with it until I had it in the BB. What's the point of a media card if you can't save anything?!

GRRRRrrrrrr.

Solutions anyone?
    03-18-09 07:43 PM
    I never had that problem when I had my 8330. What OS are you running? And I wonder if maybe the brand of card you are using might have some issues with the BB.
    03-18-09 07:59 PM
    I thought maybe it was the OS the first time around so after the first time everything was erased, I upgraded to version 4.5.

I'm using a Dane-Elec 1 GB Micro-SD.

I don't know if either/both of these are the issue, but I'm seriously frustrated that I can't seem to hang onto my media. I had quite a few music/ringtone downloads that I'd paid for...
    03-19-09 02:16 PM
    What is your full OS? Look under options > status.
    03-19-09 02:19 PM
    try to format it with your BB before you reload it. Maybe it will form a bond to it and be happy?
    03-19-09 02:20 PM
    I'll try formatting the card this time and see if it makes a different. I hadn't thought of that...
    I've considered getting a new media card...do they just fail after a while? I've had this one for several years.

My OS is 4.5.0.77
    03-19-09 02:22 PM
    Formatting the card IN THE PHONE is really important since the BlackBerry requires a specific set of folders for it store its own stuff and if it can't find them, duh, problemo.

BlackBerrys are highly reliable devices and if you are having problems then, there must be, well, a problem.

We will work with you to sort it out.
    03-19-09 02:26 PM
    Ok...thanks for the advice. I'll format the card in the BB and try it again.

Keep your fingers crossed!
    03-19-09 02:29 PM
    Just so's we know, which Operating System are your running?

Please go to Options, About and read off the 3rd line down. It's all numbers.
    03-19-09 02:30 PM
    My OS is 4.5.0.77
    That's what you're asking for, right? Or am I confused again...?
    03-19-09 02:35 PM
    No, you gave the right numbers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 02:47 PM
    I have never formatted my SanDisc card but have never had any issues. I have ring tones, videos, photos and music on it.

Am I running a risk by not formatting it?
    03-19-09 03:29 PM
    I have never formatted my SanDisc card but have never had any issues. I have ring tones, videos, photos and music on it.

Am I running a risk by not formatting it?
    You really should format the card in the phone because the BlackBerry OS needs a few folders in the right places so it can put stuff and then find it again.

On the other hand, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    03-19-09 10:49 PM
    The folders appear on the card without formatting the card in the phone. They appear when its "installed" in the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 11:54 PM
    Damn phone companies never let consumers get phones they want!!!
    Tmobile cant get Bold or Storm, but verizon and at&t can get brand new 8900???????!!! WTF.

I WAS A BIG BLACKBERRY SUPPORTER, BUT THEY ARE BEING BOUGHT LIKE HOES!! AND BIG BUSINESS IS THE PIMP AS USUAL
    03-20-09 12:14 AM
    OH man...I didn't mean to imply I hate my BB. Quite the contrary, actually...I LOVE my berry. I've just been irritated with this media card issue. I'm hoping it'll be better now that I've formatted the card though.
    03-20-09 05:41 AM
    Tmobile cant get Bold or Storm, but verizon and at&t can get brand new 8900???????!!! WTF.

I WAS A BIG BLACKBERRY SUPPORTER, BUT THEY ARE BEING BOUGHT LIKE HOES!! AND BIG BUSINESS IS THE PIMP AS USUAL
    What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
    03-20-09 10:40 AM
    I'll try formatting the card this time and see if it makes a different. I hadn't thought of that...
    Im thinking this will work, but otherwise, Ive no idea!
    Good luck!
    03-20-09 10:49 AM
    i personally will only stay with one of the 3 following makers: SanDisk, Patriot, and Kingston.
    03-20-09 11:19 AM
    Ok...thanks for the advice. I'll format the card in the BB and try it again.

Keep your fingers crossed!
    Back up the media with DM also. I haven't had this problem but after taking pics or vids I always copy them on to the computer to make sure nothing is ever lost.
    03-20-09 11:19 AM

Go away Troll!!
    03-20-09 11:24 AM
    What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
    Haha, well put!
    03-20-09 11:26 AM
    Sounds like the card not the phone. Never heard of a BB doing that before.
    03-20-09 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD