my curve is stuck in the start up screen. the hourglass keeps going back and forth. but nothing happens. I tried reloading the OS with desktop manager, but it will not connect to the phone.

what can i do?
    07-15-08 09:12 PM
    How long has it been going on for?
    07-15-08 09:15 PM
    Follow the guide in my signature for a dead Berry

Good luck!
    07-15-08 09:16 PM
    Follow the guide in my signature for a dead Berry

Good luck!
    lol yeah do that those things help lots
    07-15-08 09:17 PM
    thanks for the help. i got it back up and running. now i dont have to wait for the refurbished replacement.
    07-16-08 12:11 AM
    Always good to hear!!
    07-16-08 12:17 AM
    Hi Chefmfortner:

I did the instructions verbatim on the thread to cure the start up mode screen lock up and I am stuck at the installation part where I downloaded and started the install of software and when it gets to 2nd part of install it reads this:

Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation.

What do I do in this situation? I followed everything up to this point exactly as you instructed.

Thanks for taking the time for this thread btw. I don't have money to replace my BB so I hope this works!

-Tek
    06-07-10 03:26 PM
    Tekoah, you do realize this thread almost 2 years old now?

The multi-stage load operation error is not good... it could indicate a problem with low voltage from the usb port. If you are using a laptop, make sure it is plugged into a charger. If it is a desktop, make sure you are using a usb port, not a usb hub. Try different usb ports/different computers. Good luck.
    06-07-10 03:37 PM
    Did you see my profile? CRACKBERRY VIRGIN! LOL I have it plugged into the laptop with the usb adapter. I can't charge it any other way. It should have some charge on it but it keeps flashing from the white screen with the hour glass to the blank screen (no lights) but red light indicator on the top left is on when it is in the black blank screen? Hmmmm so is my phone just shot?
    06-07-10 03:44 PM
    Try taking all cards (sim, memory) out of your device and try again. It's a long shot, but you have nothing to lose.
    06-07-10 03:51 PM
    I do not have them in at all right now. Could that be the problem? I figured It didn't need them until I did the backup restore through device manager. Let me know what is the correct way.
    06-07-10 04:02 PM
    It shouldn't affect the process, the reason why I suggested taking them out is that, in rare instances, you could have a bad memory/sim card.

Sorry, but the multi-stage load error is a bad one. One that, unfortunately, there is no sure fire fix for. You might be stuck on this one.
    06-07-10 04:11 PM
    Was hoping for a fix. But I guess I will meet up with someone for a 8900 curve tonight. Then I will be back in business Thanks for your help!
    06-07-10 04:13 PM
    No problem. The 8900 is a great device.
    06-07-10 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD