In last few days my 8330 has gotten stuck in a loop of searching for something (??) and running battery fully down within minutes! Memory is fine - and has a mem card as well. Took off FB app. Only other active app is Twitter. Hard reset twice and still happens. Thanks for help!
    11-27-10 11:52 AM
    Wayland,

I would use blackberry desktop manager to do a "back up now" and save all of your device's content to your computer, then wipe the handheld clean

Options -> Security Options -> General Settings -> Press the blackberry key -> Wipe Handheld

Then restore the device. This should resolve 90% of problems. If this still does not fix your issue, I would delete the entire phone doing a JLCmder wipe, then reinstall the latest OS using BlackBerry AppLoader.

Let me know if you need any assistance
    11-27-10 12:59 PM
    I don't know if I would wipe so quickly, I posted a few times about this same exact problem that I was having a few weeks ago.

It was constantly searching and draining the battery down within hours(while not even being used). I did the same thing, deleting apps, all the usual first steps. I just so happened to be going to the other side of town, which here is about 40mins away, to stay for a few days. As soon as I got there, I realized that I was no longer having the issue at all. When I came back to the east side, I instantly had the problem again, keep in mind I lived here using the same 8330 for months and never had this problem up until the beginning of the previous week.

So assuming it must be a network issue, maybe a tower being fixed idk, I dealt with it. Hoping they were just doing repairs or something. Two days later(about 7 days since it began), the phone went back to working the same as it always had in this location. It has been fine ever since, and I never did anything to "fix" the problem.

So you might want to, if possible, go to another area far away from where you are now and see how the signal performs. Or if you can wait it out, at least a week and see if it's just a network issue that will go away. Maybe call the carrier and ask them if there are network repairs going on. Especially, if you do a wipe and reload and you have the same problem.

Good luck.
    11-27-10 03:31 PM
    Wayland, When you say it is "Searching" do you mean it's searching for a signal? Or is there just an hour glass?

If it is a signal search, call your provider because it is a network issue. If it is the hourglass/timer, wipe the phone
    11-27-10 06:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD