I looked around and couldn't find something about this. Sorry though, if there was something and I missed.

Problem: My blackberry shows that I have 9 unread emails. It's not on the email icon (you know, with the red star), but on the top right, where it shows that tiny little yellow envelope. It's not for texts, but for emails. I have taken the battery out, shut it down, hit "mark prior read" about a million times. I have no idea why these 9 "emails" won't go away.

Thoughts?
    10-04-08 06:25 AM
    please guys any help?
    10-04-08 10:31 AM
    I'm not sure if this will solve the problem, but try resending the service books and then do a battery pull.
    10-04-08 10:35 AM
    First of all, go Badgers.

Second, tried what you suggested; didn't work.

Third, the number of missed emails has increased. I'm starting to think it's missed calls. I have an email icon and a SMS/MMS icon. Even on call log I cannot find something specifically that lets me hit mark prior open. Suggestions?
    10-04-08 04:33 PM
    okay yeah, I just figured it out. I needed to unhide my messages icon ... any way to mark prior open while keeping the messages icon hidden? I want one icon for email and one icon for SMS and MMS
    10-04-08 04:38 PM
    Go into you messages icon, the hit the menu button and options. Go into general options and scroll down to where it says theme controlled. Change that to seperate.
    10-04-08 04:53 PM
    I have that, which is great how it has one icon for email and the other for SMS, but it means that missed calls will start to add up and you cannot simply hit mark all read. Is there a way to do this when you use the seperate option?
    10-04-08 05:23 PM
    You can turn off your call logging, that way you don't get the missed call notifications.
    Green phone button>menu>options>call logging>none

You will still get all your call logs in the phone button, but will not get the missed call notifications in your message folder.
    10-04-08 06:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD