Yay I finally got rid of the storm! It sucks! Anyone have some good tips for a new curve user? Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-09 06:54 AM
    Hang around this forum. Post questions when you need help.
    01-29-09 06:56 AM
    love the curve. it's easy to use. you'll adjust just fine.
    01-29-09 06:58 AM
    You will love your curve like the rest of us do! It is an awesome device in my opinion.

01-29-09 07:02 AM
    Yay I finally got rid of the storm! It sucks! Anyone have some good tips for a new curve user? Thanks!

I'm in the same boat with you Got rid of my storm and I'm back with my Curve, couldn't be happier
    01-29-09 07:05 AM
    I'm in the same boat with you Got rid of my storm and I'm back with my Curve, couldn't be happier
    LOL......I switched back to my curve today after a two week workout on the Storm. I gave it a honest try and tried to honestly like it.
    01-29-09 07:09 AM
    you got rid of the strorm , did you do the upgrade on it it makes a world of difference also remember when the iphone came out all the problems it had sofware will solve all the issues on it soon
    01-29-09 07:11 AM
    i like my storm...heard it used to have alot of software glitches but mine works great...also my first blackberry so i have nothing to compare it to!!!!i LOVe it!! lol
    01-29-09 07:19 AM
    I had about 10 minutes of storm action in the store and was done. I understand you coming over to the Curve
    01-29-09 07:21 AM
    Welcome to the better phone

Tbh, I'm waiting to hear about Pluto. From what I hear it's Curve+Bold+Storm=Instant Joygasm...
    If that's true, then that's the next phone for me...
    01-29-09 08:09 AM
    I just switched back too from the Storm 9530 Unlocked. Horrible Horribe phone!!! completely useless unless you use two hands all the time. The OS was absolute garbage and the touch screen is useless if you do any emailing at all. I gave it away it was so bad.
    01-29-09 08:19 AM
    I just switched back too from the Storm 9530 Unlocked. Horrible Horribe phone!!! completely useless unless you use two hands all the time. The OS was absolute garbage and the touch screen is useless if you do any emailing at all. I gave it away it was so bad.
    Gave it away?! Should've gave it to me and I would've sold it and made me some chhheeeeedddddaaaaa! Sorry.... I had a little too much sugar this morning...
    01-29-09 08:28 AM
    For starters I am not a novice when it comes to smart phones. My first one was and kyocera 6035 back in 2001. I have had winmo 6.1 devices and iphone 1 and 2 gen. I have also had a couple of blackberries. The reason why I went to a curve is because the first storm I had a was having clicking problems at the bottom of the screen when in portrait mode. And then after that a started getting dust behind the screen via the large gaps around the screen. I was putting the storm in my pocket like I prefer to do. I am not a fan of hip cases at all. Before I get jumped on like I said I am not new to pda's and I don't let my pda's stay virgin for long. If there is a new update I will have it. So yes I had the latest non official .85 on it and for the clicking I tried both the card behind the battery and the tightening of the screws. I did manage to get the screen clicking better but that is something that should have never been an issue if rim would have taken the time to test the storm better before it was released as with the software. Since I didn't feel the need that it was my responsibility to fix their products especially since I couldn't get behind the screen to clean the dust particles that were trapped I took it back to verizon for another storm. Well on the second storm I went ahead and purchased a hip case since I knew rim didn't realize that pocket lint would get behind the screen and along the sides of the screen. This storm had a much better clicking than the first out of the box until I tried to use it in the cold one morning. The screen wouldn't click properly in the cold. The screen would press down and stick in the down position. So I got out the dang t6 wrench that I purchased so I could play around with the dang screws in the back for the screen. Well just put it this way don't use the storm outside if it is in the 20's. I tried to get it to work but it wouldn't. I had to warm it up inside the truck along with my ice cold hands before the screen would click up and down. I did research the problems that I had to make sure I wasn't the only with the cold clicking or warm weather only storm. Others too have had the same problems with storm not liking cold temperatures. Boy I tell you those rim engineers are some smart people aren't they. Heck rim is a canadian company it is much colder up there than here in alabama. Well then there where still all the slow and terrible software glitches that still haven't been fixed with the storm. So I took it back also and asked for a curve because my wifes curve was rock solid and this one is too. So I am using this curve until verizon get the bold. The curve to me is much more stable and easier to use than the touch screen. Rim should have never put the storm out because in my opinion it just wasn't ready and I tried to like I really did.
    01-29-09 09:37 AM
    Same here...except I managed to return mine to Big Red...
    01-29-09 09:57 AM
    I had my storn for three days and switched back to my curve lol.. U will love it.

01-29-09 10:05 AM

Tbh, I'm waiting to hear about Pluto. From what I hear it's Curve+Bold+Storm=Instant Joygasm...
    Joygasm... hehe. I am gonna use that in a sentence today

Welcome to the world of the curve! I love mine!!
    01-29-09 10:09 AM
    I gave the Storm about a 3-week test. Thought it had a great screen, lots of cool features, but I missed the tactile buttons - mostly because on the storm you basically have to look at the screen the whole time you're typing.

The camera was also slow and didn't get the 3.2MP quality that I hoped for.

Switched to the Curve and love it. It's light, quick, and reliable.
    01-29-09 10:17 AM

I'm sticking to my Curve till that one comes out...
    01-29-09 10:21 AM
    Welcome! I had a storm for 25 days and returned it for a curve and i couldnt be happier
    01-29-09 10:43 AM
    Five minutes in the Verizon store, trying the Storm was enough for me.... Ugh! What a hunk-a-junk... and typing on glass is a PITA.

I love the Curve.
    01-29-09 10:49 AM
    I have played with the Storm and I was not very impressed with the device. I had an 8830WE and have recently switched to an 8830 becasue I wanted a slightly smaller phone. I have had my share of winmo devices and they all suck. The Curve and the 8830WE have been by far the best devices I have ever owned. The storm has potential but it needs a lot of work.
    01-29-09 12:11 PM
    Yep... after a month and a half of really trying to like the Storm I too switched to the Curve and could not be happier... well... until the "Niagra" comes out... and I am going to have to pay thru the nose for that one... probably the 1st time I will pay retail for a phone...
    01-29-09 12:12 PM
    Winmo is a device that require a lot of time to get it to do what you want it to do. It is not a device for the novice imo. I have had too many to list and after having them I almost feel like a computer programmer lol. But the only gripe that I have with blackberries is the web browsers. Rim please improve your web browsing experience. Other than that it kills the iphone at the things it can do. My iphone was good and it had a pretty interface but outside of that it wasn't that much. Yes you got tons of apps but most of the apps really weren't that great. Once you use them a couple times you never used them much after that.The most used app that I had on the iphone was evernote. I wish they would make that for blackberry. What really upset me most with iphone is that apple never allowed 3rd party developers develop apps for the iphone that iphone really needed like mms and etc. The people with iphone know what apps they really would like to see but apple is restricting I don't have to name them. When rim gets their web browser up to par then it really will have one up on the iphone. If rim can't to it then maybe a developer will when the app store opens up. Even the storms web browser couldn't touch safari mobile. Heck no smart phone right now can. That is the only thing I can say without an doubt that apple did very good on. Now that palm pre is sure looking good too.
    01-29-09 01:45 PM
    Add me to this growing list.

I just returned my Storm to Verizon and got a Curve. I already like the Curve TONS more then the Storm. I tried like mad to like the Storm and I just didnt. Outside of the fact it just randomly rebooted whenever it felt like it, I just did not like the touch screen. So far, I think the Curve is fantastic!
    01-29-09 02:11 PM
    Curve user here 6 months or so and still learning new things.

01-29-09 02:26 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD