Blackberry Curve 8320 for T-Mobile set up with my gmail account.

How do you stop sent email from being kicked back to account as a new email---pretty much having the sent email in the message bin, then receiving the same sent email as a new email 5 seconds after you send it. Pretty annoying.

Other question is how do you set it to be alerted of new emails. My phone used to vibrate or beep depending on the volume setting, now today randomly the red light just flashes for new mail and no alert, i.e. vibrate or ring.

Any help would be awesome...I know I can't be the only person with this issue.
    11-02-07 08:38 PM
    How to edit profiles, properly!

How to stop receiving sent GMail emails on your BlackBerry!
    11-02-07 11:07 PM
    Here is the solution to STOP SENT GMAIL MESSAGES FROM ARRIVING IN YOUR INBOX USING VERIZON WIRELESS and other carriers. [SEE RESOLUTION BELOW] Below are the instructions for solving this problem. You have to be sure to set-up the filter though your BlackBerry Account and not a filter in GMail using your PC . You will notice that all messages sent from your BlackBerry will still appear in the SENT FOLDER in GMAIL (they just don't appear as new sent emails on your blackberry each time you send an email).

Duplicate sent email message arrives on BlackBerry smartphone when sent using Gmail:

Environment

* BlackBerry� Internet Service 2.x
    * BlackBerry smartphones
    * Google� Gmail� webmail service

Problem

A Gmail webmail account, for example <name>@gmail.com, is integrated with the BlackBerry Internet Service account. When sending an email message from the BlackBerry smartphone using the Gmail service book (<name>@gmail.com) or from the Gmail webmail account web site, a copy of the sent email message arrives on the BlackBerry smartphone as a new email message.

Cause

Gmail webmail accounts do not have separate sent items and inbox folders. The Gmail account web page contains a Sent Mail link on the left side, but this is not a separate folder from the inbox.

Gmail webmail messages are grouped into conversations, resulting in all sent messages and replies from others appearing as a single email message entry in the inbox. This allows for easy reading and viewing on the Gmail web page, but, when integrated with the BlackBerry Internet Service account, results in copies of sent email messages arriving on the BlackBerry smartphone as new email messages.

Resolution

To prevent sent messages from returning to the BlackBerry smartphone each time, create a filter in the BlackBerry Internet Service account to block the sending of those messages to the BlackBerry smartphone.

To create a filter, perform the following:

1. Log in to the BlackBerry Internet Service account.
    2. Click the Filters icon next to the integrated Gmail account.
    3. Click Add a Filter to create a new filter.
    4. Configure the filter so that email messages are not sent to the BlackBerry smartphone if the email message originates from the Gmail webmail account integration:
    1. Type a name for the filter into the Filter Name field. For example, My sent Gmail email messages.
    2. Set the Apply filter when field to "FROM" field.
    3. Type the Gmail webmail address into the Contains field. For example, <user name>@gmail.com>.
    4. Select the radio button beside Do not forward messages to device.
    5. Click Add Filter.

Note: After creating this filter, email messages will not be received on the BlackBerry smartphone if sent from the Gmail webmail account.
    09-30-08 10:10 AM
    thanks for the help, i just got the lady at verizon to set up a BIS account for me (username and pw) and put the filter in, while i sat here and looked at football stores. Gotta love the network!
    12-08-08 08:12 AM
    Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!
    01-11-09 05:06 PM
    Thanks to both naviwilliams and gpvideo for the info.

I also use a gmail account on my Blackberry so I went to my BIS and added the filter as described.

Thanks again.
    01-11-09 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD