So, I didn't realize it until just now.. When I got online via a computer. My phone is no longer getting emails.

How the **** do I fix this or where are the answers that I need. I want an 8900 so badly as of lately.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 02:22 PM
    Check in your email options. If you look at the account in question, it may have an option to validate. This can happen for a number of reasons, but once you validate, you will be back up and running.

You can also try to resend your service books, if the validation isn't an option.

When in Email Options>BB Key>send service books
    03-02-09 02:26 PM
    battery pull?
    03-02-09 02:33 PM
    I'd say resend service books as well
    03-02-09 02:39 PM
    I post the same question here http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/ema...kberry-173038/. I am still a bit confused.
    03-02-09 04:37 PM
    i tried battery pull, i tried deleting them and resetting them up on the bis site.. i also tried resending my service books.. NOTHING.

any other ideas?
    03-05-09 08:52 PM
    Another suggestion would be to check your firewall settings. You may have accidentally altered them to block incoming BIS messages. I had an employee who did the same thing with his SMS.

Options>Security>Firewall

Ensure you don't have any of the boxes checked. If this was the problem, there should be a note beside one of the options stationg the number of emails that have been blocked.
    03-06-09 06:02 AM
    Delete the facebook app, and Im guessing your emails will come thru, the facebook app can and does go haywire on phones, where it will not help with the functionality of it. Try that.
    03-06-09 06:22 AM
    This happend to me on my 8320 the other day. But, I had received an email from RIM saying my password was invalid. All of the other suggestions are good ones.

I tried the validate and couldn't get it to work. I sent service books and got the email from the activation server...still no email to the device. I went in to TMO's BIS, deleted the account, re-added it successfully...still no email.

I called TMO, we tried a few things (that I already did) and still no email. They got me to RIM and we opened a case. I couldn't stay on the phone so decided to call back later.

I went home and found I wasn't receiving email on this account at home through Outlook. As it turns out, my POP, SMTP and port configurations were wrong....some sort of "update" from my ISP caused this but they couldn't tell me what.

It's very frustrating and time consuming when this happens. It's amazing how dependant we get on receiving our email on our devices.
    03-06-09 06:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD