I just got a Curve yesterday. Been a sidekick user for...ever... so I still have a few questions, especially this one regarding email.

When I receive a new email, I receive the email in my messages folder with my text messages, as well as my Yahoo! mail account that's on my blackberry. How can I prevent the emails going to the messages folder, since the email account is already enough? Is this possible?

Thank you!!
    10-01-08 06:21 AM
    I just got this curve8830 yesterday through Verizon and I am having the same problem and cannot figure out how to stop it!
    10-01-08 07:38 AM
    The messages folder is a collection of all messages sent to your BB. Each indidual mailbox will contain the mail for each account but messages contains them all. You can sate your texts by enterg messages then accessing options and then general options. In there you will find an option to sepapate SMS and email messages.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-08 07:47 AM
    There's no such option to opt out of Yahoo messages, or any email to get forwarded to the "messages" area. In the messages options, it only has General Options (nuttin.), Email Settings (sounds promising! but still not it), and Email Reconciliation (our berries' emails sin?!?!).

I just want it to go to the Yahoo area, and that's it. If that's even possible?

Help would greatly be appreciated to this newbie, but I'm really in love with this phone. It's in the sunset red color.

And I deleted the email from the blackberry internet subscriptions, but that removes my Yahoo box AND the forwarding to messages. Hmph.
    Last edited by yeppitissarah; 10-01-08 at 02:42 PM.
    10-01-08 02:38 PM
    There's no such option to opt out of Yahoo messages, or any email to get forwarded to the "messages" area. In the messages options, it only has General Options (nuttin.), Email Settings (sounds promising! but still not it), and Email Reconciliation (our berries' emails sin?!?!).

I just want it to go to the Yahoo area, and that's it. If that's even possible?

Help would greatly be appreciated to this newbie, but I'm really in love with this phone. It's in the sunset red color.
    All messages delivered to the phone go to the "messages" folder. If you only have a Yahoo account setup you can simply hide the Yahoo mail icon on your screen, separate your SMS/TXT from your mail under options and your messages folder becomes your Yahoo folder. I run 5 accounts on my berry and have them all go to the same place. The benefit for me is one location to see my mail as I don't want to access 5 separate boxes to get it.
    10-01-08 02:40 PM
    True, I see what you are saying. That does answer my question, that specifically what I want is not possible. Hm.

Yeah, I just wanted it to go to the Yahoo box, NOT messages, but I guess that isn't possible.

Thank you for your help!!!
    10-01-08 04:07 PM
    But the messages are not really in two different places. They are in their specific folders and the Messages folder acts sort of like a "table of contents", for lack of a better term, for the messages in all the message and email folders.

If you don't want to see them in that folder, you could just hide the folder.
    10-01-08 07:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD