I had my curve stolen monday night. I have made a police report and had an ins claim done so I have a new phone how ever some one still ahs my old one. Today I was talking to a friend and was saying that I was going to post to the forum and see if there was an app out there that would lock the phone after inactivity and if password was incorrect it would self destruct. He told don't post that's built in and showed me about the password. My question is will it also delete my memcard?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-09 12:37 AM
    AFAIK, from being a Corporate BES Blackberry device Admin, if you did have a Lock Code configured, the next time it goes into standby and locks - whoever has the device is locked out and after 10 failed attempts the device will wipe itself back to factory and all your personal information will be gone - as far as the MemCard - that I believe is not effected and can be removed and accessed with any computer SD Card reader.
    01-29-09 12:47 AM
    Where do I go for this lock code thing?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-09 04:22 AM
    Where do I go for this lock code thing?
    Options > Security > General Settings. Password, and password attempts. If someone fails the password attempts you set, the device will wipe itself of all contacts and messages.
    01-29-09 04:33 AM
    hey do you still have your PIN # from your stolen BB??
    I would keep trying to add it in Messenger and see what happens.
    If the phone is unlocked and resold the new owner may accept the PIN approval and you can let them know a piece of your mind.
    01-29-09 05:53 AM
    Thank you for sharing this info. I've lost my BB before and it lead me into complete panic mode. It's horrifying wondering what information people are accessing on your bb if lost.

I'm setting up this password thing NOW!
    01-29-09 07:12 AM
    i had the service suspended within a half a hour of it being stolen and reported it to the police in the morning the police said that they would contact my carrier and get the serial info and and send the info in so that if it shows up they can get it and my carrier deleted the esn from there network not sure what it take to move to anouther net work however.
    02-03-09 08:59 AM
    What about GPS tracking? If its on cant you track the phone and see where it's at? In the options when you go to turn on GPS it says "others will be able to see your location if this is enabled." I have mine on just for that reason.
    02-03-09 09:50 AM
    What about GPS tracking? If its on cant you track the phone and see where it's at? In the options when you go to turn on GPS it says "others will be able to see your location if this is enabled." I have mine on just for that reason.
    Nah, I tried this a couple years ago with a different phone. GPS being on basically just allows GPS systems to locate you and relay your location back to the device. I was told that "legally, [service providers] cannot release the location of any GPS device to any customer" for safety reasons. Makes sense to me.
    02-03-09 12:07 PM
    police can only use it with a court order
    02-03-09 12:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD