I posted yesterday with info that I had deleted and re-entered my AOL email accounts. Cellular South pushed my service books through several times and yet still.... nothing is working correctly. Worked fine for a few minutes. I am so crazy mad and confused.. I swear I just got this thing a week ago Monday and got EVERY single email for the first week and then this bull*%**! I am so frustrated.

Does anyone have ANY info about what might be going on?? I have read several posts and have not gotten any LEADS on what is going on. I have read where this has also been happening to gmail clients but I am not sure to what degree. I would hate to change my whole email world over to gmail just to find the same scenerio. Any advice would be SOOOO appreciated.

Greenville, Ms
    10-08-08 11:04 AM
    I posted yesterday with info that I had deleted and re-entered my AOL email accounts. Cellular South pushed my service books through several times and yet still.... nothing is working correctly. Worked fine for a few minutes. I am so crazy mad and confused.. I swear I just got this thing a week ago Monday and got EVERY single email for the first week and then this bull*%**! I am so frustrated.

Does anyone have ANY info about what might be going on?? I have read several posts and have not gotten any LEADS on what is going on. I have read where this has also been happening to gmail clients but I am not sure to what degree. I would hate to change my whole email world over to gmail just to find the same scenerio. Any advice would be SOOOO appreciated.

Greenville, Ms
    I am not sure GV. I read a post from someone who was having trouble and this person upgraded to 4.5, sent service books, registered their device, deleted aol, did a battery pull and then reinstalled aol. I have no idea what in that sequence solved their problem, but some of it might be worth it considering how frustrated you're getting . I have an idea it was reinstalling aol after a delete then sending SBs and registering. I have included instructions for sending service books and registering your device from your berry so you don't need a pc to do this.

Send Service Books: Click your internet email icon (the envelope with a gear in front of it)> click service books> click send service books.

Register Device: Click options> click advanced options> roll down and click host routing table> press your menu key> select register now> click back and close.

PS I am not having any trouble with gmail.
    10-08-08 11:22 AM
    I'm having trouble also

I uploaded the up-to-date software to it (4.5)??? and i think its that its done it

how do i get the update the phone came with

TIA

Greenville, Ms
    10-08-08 11:50 AM
    I have went through 3 curves. My 1st one powered off randomley. My 2nd one never recieved emails and yes I have aol. So I went to my local sprint store and they ended up replacing my phone with a new one and no problems since. My 1st one got emails right away and my 2nd one's the same way. I talked to BB tech support today and they told me sometimes it can take a few mins just because it's going through like 4 servers. My advice would be to take it back and ask for a new one.
    10-08-08 12:46 PM
    on mine now its a case of instant then somtimes i have to wait for another 1 to come then it comes
    10-08-08 03:44 PM
    Aol <<<<<<<
    10-08-08 03:55 PM
    What is the best thing to do

Aol <<<<<<<
    10-08-08 04:03 PM
    JP I was having a similar issue w/ gmail on my Verizon curve. When I bought the phone I used the email setup on the handheld and email was working fine, but with gmail it auto sends u an email when u send one from your Blackberry and thats annoying, so I had to log onto my BIS Login to create a filter, but my PIN was allready registered for an account so I had to call Verizon and have them fix it. Well when they fixed my login, they switched my PIN on the original account to my curve, resent my service books and I thought all was well. From that day on I never recieved any Gmail, and if I did it was like 1 or 2 in a 4-5 day span.
    That was sending my service books a few times, deleting and resetting it up. Turns out the issues was my device wasn't registered on the network anymore.

So this was how I fixed it, I was going thru the different menu's and I went into MANAGE CONNECTIONS, select that and a menu will open, goto mobile network options and select it. the next screen will pop up and it will say data services, u want that tobe on, so hit the blackberry button and you should see DIAGNOSTIC TEST select thatand it will say Diagnostic Test Application and it should be blank, hit the blackberry button again and select RUN from the menu and the phones going to perform a diagnostic, its going to check data services and all that stuff, and when I ran mine i got a message saying my device was successfully registered on the network and I got all my emails since then.

I would try that 1st before I went to the store and asked for a new phone.

Hope that works out for you JP.
    10-08-08 07:02 PM
    I was working with customer that call earlier today to another rep. They had it working and it stopped again. I was working with customer again, including wiping the device. Tried everything from top to bottom and it he wrote me again later to tell it stopped again.

I am leaning that the problem is AOL and BIS communications. I say this because his email was coming to his AOL account.
    10-08-08 07:24 PM
    Aol is horrible anyway, no offense but I would really signup for Gmail. I've only had 1 problem with my email and it was because of what I stated above.
    10-08-08 09:43 PM
    Anyone Able to check this over for me to see if all is well

Starting Time Stamp: October 09, 2008 8:16 PM
    Ending Time Stamp: October 09, 2008 8:17 PM
    PIN: 255208?9
    MSISDN: Unknown
    Device Type: BlackBerry 8310
    Application Version: v4.5.0.55
    Platform Version: 2.7.0.68
    Service Books: PROVISIONING,BrowserConfig,BrowserConfig,IPPP,WAP, WAPPushConfig,WAP,YHO,BBIMConfig,BrowserConfig,Bro wserConfig,LbsConfig,BBIMConfig,BrowserConfig,OTAS L,BrowserConfig,BBIM,BBIM,BBIMConfig,IPPP,BrowserC onfig,CMIME,CICAL,CMIME,CICAL,CMIME,CICAL
    Free File Space: 27971653 bytes
    Radio Data Activation: Yes
    Signal Level: -63 dBm
    Radio Access: GPRS
    Network: vodafone UK
    IP Address: 10.198.232.175
    ICMP Ping Echo: Yes
    BlackBerry Registration: Yes
    Connected to BlackBerry: Yes
    BlackBerry PIN Email: Yes
    Server Name: GBISXEUC00S08
    Email Address: [email protected]
    Connection to [email protected] : Yes
    Server Name: GBISXEUC00S04
    Email Address: [email protected]
    Connection to [email protected] : Yes

Thanks
    10-09-08 02:25 PM
    Hmm...
    Get rid of AOL.
    That should fix the issue.
    10-09-08 03:05 PM
    I had a similar situation to yours and I had to get rid of aol and I opened a Gmail account and what do ya know I get my emails asap.
    10-09-08 05:15 PM
    Poor Vodafone signal in the area they say(vodafone)

Now been a week
    10-10-08 09:30 AM
    I've NEVER had any problems with AOL....but GMAIL is better!
    10-10-08 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD