This past Saturday one of my friends spilled Rum and Coke all over my phone. I immediately took it apart and submerged it in a bowl of rice. I know you're supposed to leave the phone in there for a while but I couldn't wait that long so I only left it in for about an hour.

After putting the battery in it seemed to work fine. It took a little longer than usual for it to start up but after further inspection the phone worked fine. (It's a VZW 8330 btw)

I just noticed that anytime I go to hit any of the letters in the northeastern quadrant of the keyboard (letters u-p, j-del) it feels like I'm barely pushing them. It feels like there's something under the keys that is preventing from pushing them in all the way. But there are other times when the key audibly CLICKS when I press it.

It is RIDICULOUSLY obnoxious because sometimes it feels like I didn't press the letter so instead of writing for example "Today" I'll write "Tooooooooday". It's driving me NUTS!

What can I do???

Any suggestions???
    11-18-08 04:33 PM
    You might have to clean it with rubbing alcohol, as the water evaporated with the rice, leaving the sticky sweetness of High Fructose Corn Syrup in your device.
    11-18-08 04:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD