ok. Hi i am new here. I have been looking into the Blackberry curve for verizon for a while now. I think i would love it! I have played with one of my friend's blackberries and i loved it. Now tomorrow i am going to go into my local Verizon store to mess with the Curve. But right now I have the Dare. I mean i do like this phone, but i consider myself a phone junkie who gets bored with phones quicker than most people. I have had this phone for 6 months. If i got the Curve i would use it for mainly texting, IM, web browsing, and listening to music. My Dare does these things pretty well but i do hate the fact that i can't have 3rd party apps for it and i wish i could customize it alot more. I would also like a change of scenery (phone). I am also a 17 yr old high school student. Do you think the Curve would be a good choice for me? Of course i would be paying for it myself with my own money and i will offer to pay the data costs for my parents which would only cost $15 more than our bill is now because we pay 15 dollars for my current Vcast package.
    01-13-09 09:50 PM
    sounds like you already have your mind made up. personally I dont think my son would need one, so i wouldnt do it for him...
    01-13-09 09:54 PM
    Yea I would get the curve. I have an 8330 and it is just a great device, and there is so much u can do to these phones as far as customize goes. u will be happy its just a solid phone u can depend on it. Just my 2cents

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 09:57 PM
    I would. I double dare you (get it..ha ha). The curve is a great device for your needs it will do all your asking for and alot more.
    01-13-09 10:02 PM
    Thank you for all of your very quick replies! I have another question. Since my contract is not up for another year i would be buying this phone outright. How much would this cost me? I was estimating in the high 200's low 300's? Is the Curve worth a $300 price tag? I just want as many opinions as possible on whether this would be a good phone for me.
    01-13-09 10:07 PM
    I would check craigslist or ebay. Expect to spend atleast 200 bucks minimum. I cant say its worth it for YOU but I can say I have a few and it is a great device., does everything I need it to do. From playing music,videos, email, browsing, messenger....it simply works.
    01-13-09 10:11 PM
    Your looking full retail which right now the Curve 8330 is $429

Check the market place here, there are a few people who got storms and want to sell their Curve. Also post a wanted add, following the guidelines and see if you get any hits.
    01-13-09 10:13 PM
    If you don't sweat the cam, an 8830 might work for you as well, I've seen them floatin round for 50$, but I'd dunno the latest OS for them. If you need a cam but don't wanna spend the $$$ on a curve a 8130 might be a good option for you as well. When I was lookin to replace my palm with a blackberry I considered these as I saw them for are 75$, 120 with acc. If you look hard you can find 8330's for 75 to 125 with nothin
    150 with acc's.

These things are awesome now that they got rid of the trackwheel. I hated those things.

01-13-09 10:57 PM
    <These things are awesome now that they got rid of the trackwheel. I hated those things.>
    Thats funny ....I cant stand the trackball. If I could have a curve with a trackwheel I'd be in heaven.
    01-13-09 11:01 PM
    From Verizon store or online.

Curve $429

8830 WE $519

8130 Pearl $399

Storm $499

8703e $429
    01-13-09 11:03 PM
    I agree check the marketplace on here
    01-13-09 11:07 PM
    I think you should keep the dare for a while and wait until its NE2 time. It doesn't sound like you really need a new phone right now. At any rate test out the curve first. You might end up not liking it.

01-14-09 12:45 AM
    I love my Curve, but paying full retail (429) is entirely too much money for any phone in my opinion.
    01-14-09 12:47 AM
    I just got my 8330 curve 2 weeks ago and I am in love with what it can do I never owned a pda/smart phone before if u got the cash then buy the curve. I would not pay full retail price for a blackberry they coast to damn much & if you are a phone junkie trying buying them off of ebay.com

Last edited by retro_killa; 01-14-09 at 01:29 AM.
    01-14-09 01:24 AM
    I twisted my carrier's arm to upgrade my phone for free..I didn't know what to expect from my curve until I got it..I'm happy with it so far..
    01-14-09 01:38 AM
    Of course i would be paying for it myself with my own money and i will offer to pay the data costs for my parents which would only cost $15 more than our bill is now because we pay 15 dollars for my current Vcast package.
    Yes, the data plan costs an extra $30, you got that right, but seems that you aren't aware that the data/email package doesn't include messaging [SMS (text), MMS (pic & video)].

So, if you text, and I don't know any teen that doesn't, then you have to add at least a $5 a month plan, but then you are limited to 250 messages per month. There are also $10 and $15 messaging plans as well.
    01-14-09 04:44 AM
    ^ Shame really. Sprint's Blackberry Pack comes with everything, guess that's the one thing Sprint is good for.

I just got my Curve yesterday from an LG Musiq and I love this thing. Have already put about a half a dozen apps on it. It locked up on me once since I upgraded to v4.5 (Which isn't released by Sprint yet anyways) but overall, I think the phone is amazing.
    01-14-09 05:46 AM
    Let's be honest - if you're anything like me, if you want one bad enough you will get it regardless...but yeah, BB's are awesome...think about it...does the 'Dare' (whatever that is) have a website like this completely devoted to it? Get my drift?
    Enjoy

01-14-09 06:04 AM
    What's the resell value of the dare? That might be an option.

01-14-09 06:07 AM
    Thank you again for your replies! And i already have an unlimited messaging plan that is bundled with our voice plan. So, that is not a concern. Yes, 429 is way too much so i will probably be looking on ebay. But today I am going to try out the Curve at my Verizon store(which my Verizon store is really small cause i live in a small town so i don't know if they even have working models of the phones sitting out). I will of course be trying it out before buying it because i do A LOT of research on the phones i want before i buy them. There is just one thing i am worried about and that is that the buttons might be a little too small for my huge fingers.
    01-14-09 06:56 AM
    Thank you again for your replies! And i already have an unlimited messaging plan that is bundled with our voice plan. So, that is not a concern. Yes, 429 is way too much so i will probably be looking on ebay. But today I am going to try out the Curve at my Verizon store(which my Verizon store is really small cause i live in a small town so i don't know if they even have working models of the phones sitting out). I will of course be trying it out before buying it because i do A LOT of research on the phones i want before i buy them. There is just one thing i am worried about and that is that the buttons might be a little too small for my huge fingers.
    One thing to consider as well, do you use your Dare for the camera much? My wife got her Dare at the same time I got my Curve. The Dare has a MUCH better camera built in. I'm not a heavy picture taker with my phone but she is, and the resolution and features built into the Dare's camera are just amazing. If you use this function on your Dare, you will be disappointed with the Curve's images.
    01-14-09 02:12 PM
    I am not a fan of LG phones, so I would say the Curve.

01-14-09 02:18 PM
    Just a suggestion you could buy one off ebay if you trust it enough and sometimes, if you're lucky, you can find a really good bargain.
    01-14-09 02:41 PM
    There is just one thing i am worried about and that is that the buttons might be a little too small for my huge fingers.
    That's what fingernails are for!
    01-14-09 02:43 PM
    wow I absolutely LOVE this website! It's amazing! It's full of very helpful people and useful information on blackberries. OK, i rarely if ever use my Dare's camera so I doubt i will miss its quality. Also, i went to my local (crappy) Verizon store and of course they didn't have working models of the Curve but they had a dummy and I decided to test out the keyboard and it actually wasn't that bad. The keys are about the size of my old Sidekick 3's buttons but bunched much closer together and I could text like a fiend on that phone lol! So, I have decided on Saturday I am going to make a trip to another town and go to their much better Verizon store that i know has working models of all phones. I mainly just want to see the interface of the Curve. On my friend's Blackberry, the interface seems kind of dull like when texting or something, it is just all white. However, I am sure there are ways I can fix that!
    01-14-09 03:54 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD