hey everyone, sorry as i know this is a newb question, but what are the steps after i have upgraded to 4.5?
    1. if i do a restore of my backup, does it revert me to my previous 0S?

2. Now all of my icons and settings are changes and i'm getting BIS and BES email all at once, with no option to choose different email address or anything. Do i need to delete everything and re-set everything up? (assuming that i can't do a restore from ?1)

3. if i do restore from previous settings, do i lose Docs to Go?

thanks so much for any info, as i need it... and im sure it's hidden deep in one of the upgrade OS threads, tho i have searched and read a bunch of threads... assuming that it such a dumb question that everybody already knows it! haha!
    12-08-08 04:00 PM
    If you restore your backup file you will just get your previous info and data - it won't change your OS, but which method did you use to upgrade? After you have finished setting your berry up, you will need to set up Docs to Go, which will not be removed. Open it up and open word to go, register the copy, then press the menu key and select check for updates. Select download free upgrade and that will give you the excel function.

Remember to send service books to get your html email going and you should be good to go.

Send Service Books: Click your internet email icon (the envelope with a gear in front of it)> click service books> click send service books, or log onto your provider's website and send them from there.

Here are good browser settings for you:

Browser Settings: Browser settings for improved view. While in your browser, press menu key> options> browser configuration> check all the boxes> make sure browser is set to internet browser> show images set to On WML and HTML Pages> emulation mode set to BlackBerry> click back and save.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by exelant; 12-08-08 at 04:21 PM.
    12-08-08 04:17 PM
    you rock! thanks so much!!!
    2 quick questions for anyone out there....

1. 3rd Party App Backup Procedure - is there a way to restore just individual apps out of that method, from what i remember there isnt.

2. i now have a new thing under my Tools/Advanced/Wireless upgrade??? what is that? i havent searched yet...doing that now

Exelant! thanks again so much for you steps... mucho appreciated!
    12-09-08 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD