It's taken about 6 months but my curve is finally starting to drastically slow down. Mainly just my txts but also sometimes with the scroll bar. I'll have to wait about 5-10 seconds before my phone recognizes that I clicked on a name to sms someone. Alongside that, it will also lag badly when i type and have the letters I input appear a few seconds later.

Any ideas or recommendations? I have deleted files to give me more memory, do battery pulls frequently, clear my cache, and even that alt/lglg thing.
    10-06-08 10:32 AM
    What you free file. Options-status-free file

And are you closing your applications down properly after using them.
    10-06-08 10:39 AM
    How much free memory do you have? If Options / Status / File Free is less than 12 000 000 bytes you will begin to see various problems which can include slow operation or frequent uncommanded reboots. That doesn't happen as often on the 8330, since they have 50% more memory, but it can happen. The solution is to perform the Memory Optimization Procedure that's linked in my sig.
    10-06-08 10:42 AM
    Sorry for the long delay. Ive just been wicked busy. But I have done the MOP, and my files free is generally around the 43-45k mark. Its just beyond slow and unresponsive at times for texting and scrolling.
    10-07-08 11:05 PM
    Yeah, that's plenty of memory. Check to see how big your Content Store has gotten. That's your device's scratch pad memory. It isn't cleared by clearing the caches or logs. Options / Status / Menu / Database Sizes will show you the size. Mine's 1.2M. You can't delete it on the device, but you can clear it with the advanced options in Desktop Manager.

I don't know that clearing it will help your problem, but I've noticed that it tends to grow over time. Let me know if deleting it helps.
    10-07-08 11:21 PM
    Alright. Thanks for the help. I'll have to try it tomorrow since I don't feel like fighting with my mac tonight. haha. Thank you though.
    10-07-08 11:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD