As some of you know that AT&T finally released os 4.5.0.110 which makes me very happy. The bad thing is ever since the upgrade, my standby mode does not work as it used to.

What happends is that when it is in standby, the top row of four buttons will wake it up but give a message of "In standby mode. Hit the mute key to exit standby". This turns on the backlight and drains my battery quick. This never happened to me on os 4.2.2.x.

I have already tried reflashing, batt pull, and searching online. Before I call ATT to get nowhere, I figured I might as well ask all of you on here first.

Thanks in advance

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-08 09:03 AM
    Its part of 4.5, nothing is wrong, it works that way, I like it, I can hit one of the keys mentioned to see any messages i may have without waking the phone up, on 4.2 you had to wake it up to see.

It has nothing to do with draining your battery quickly.
    12-17-08 09:11 AM
    As Rachel says, this is a feature, not a bug. The time the screen lights up is very short 5/6seconds only so unless you keep pressing the buttons or they get pressed in you pocket, the battery drain will be minimal.
    12-17-08 09:57 AM
    The problem is that I end up hitting the buttons while it is in my pocket. This being said, since I keep hitting the buttons the backlight keeps turning on in turn draining my battery. Is there anyway I could disable this at all?

Also how do I subscribe to my own post using the wap forum page? I don't see anything on it.

12-17-08 01:49 PM
    You could use autolock instead, however, I dont see it as being a huge drain on your battery unless the backlight is constantly on.
    12-17-08 01:55 PM
    It is quite close to being always on. Everytime I pull it out of my pocket, it is on. As you said Autolock. What is that?

12-17-08 05:10 PM
    What about a holster then? thats about the only thing thats gonna keep it from doing it,
    12-17-08 05:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD