Sometimes my standby button decides to not put my Curve in standby. It just does nothing. After a soft reset, it stays the same, but then works after a battery pull. This is quite annoying, as I use standby a lot.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I hate doing battery pulls all of the time.
    02-19-09 01:43 PM
    Could be the button... Have you taken the device into Verizon to have them look at it?
    02-19-09 02:34 PM
    Nah. It's not the button. If it was the button, then it wouldn't work again every time right after a battery pull.

I can't bring it into VZW as I bought it on eBay, but I don't think that would really help either. Like I said, it works a lot of the time, but then randomly stops working.
    02-19-09 02:44 PM
    What OS you running,

Any Verizon phone that is active on their network you can take to the store, why would you think you can't.?
    02-19-09 02:46 PM
    Yeah, if it's still under warranty they will probably even give you a new one.

EDIT: Of course, not with out giving you a hassle.
    02-19-09 03:06 PM
    This is something that's come up here before, and again on HoFo, and I have experienced it as well (I'm not touting the search feature, I'm rehashing old posts so you know that it's not that uncommon). It's not the button, because it still works as a mute button while it's being pesky about going into standby.

I think of it as a built in timer to let me know that I'm due for a battery pull... How's that for taking lemons and making lemonade?
    02-19-09 03:46 PM
    my wife's curve does this occasionally as well. it gets annoying but it only happens once in a while and the alt-shift-delete reset fixes it for a long time.
    02-19-09 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD