Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Angry Standby Arghhh!

Hi

I have a Blackberry 8310 curve which has been great up until now. It keeps going into standby (even when I am actually using it) and I can't then wake it up. The only way is to plug it into a power supply or into the computer.

The mute key seems a little low but it hasn't changed since I've had it so not sure why it is suddenly playing up - any ideas anyone?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Try setting your BB to turn off at say 3:00 am and back on at 3:05 while it is charging overnight.

I was told that they need to be turned off regularly just like computers.

Options, Auto On/Off
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,260 Global Posts

Have you tried to pull the battery yet. If your mute/standby key is a little low maybe you might want to think about cleaning it. Try using some canned air to blow it out.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Thanks guys. After trying everything it has now been deemed faulty by the O2 store so has to be sent back for repair. Going away on business and need it for next week so it will have to wait, even though it is soooo frustrating to use at the moment.

This is my second faulty blackberry in 6 weeks so not impressed!
    x
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    K underwear turns me on

Quote Originally Posted by Poodlecrazy View Post
    This is my second faulty blackberry in 6 weeks so not impressed!
    x
    That is certainly not the norm for Blackberry devices, but like any electronic device, failures can happen.

United States Air Force