Newest 8330 OS: v4.5.0.77 (Multilanguage) has anyone used this OS on there Curve 8330. I am debating on installing it on mine. But i had a few questions about it.

Does the MMS feature come up in the options list? Can you send a MMS message with this or does it still block it on that data end? I know about e-mail ing and using web pages for sending them also.

What benefits are from the newest OS?
    11-25-08 06:22 AM
    I do not have it installed but I can assure you it does NOT have MMS.
    11-25-08 06:30 AM
    I didn't think so. Thanks for taking the time to post.
    11-25-08 06:32 AM
    I've installed the OS on my Sprint curve, it works great but the previous poster is correct, no MMS support.
    11-25-08 08:20 AM
    It'll have to be service book, whenever Sprint decides to let you guys send MMS.
    11-25-08 08:34 AM
    I wish they would just give you guys MMS...
    11-25-08 08:47 AM
    well i have the 800w from sprint and it didnt have mms.
    alot of us called and complained because it says it had it on the website. sprint just came out with a fix for it.
    i hope sprint comes out with a fix for the curve because i just ordered one off of ebay.
    11-25-08 08:57 AM
    The spin continues on MMS for the 8330.

I'm using 4.5.0.97 and it's running smooth on my phone. No MMS.

A couple of things which indicate Sprint may be allowing MMS on the 8330 soon are:

- Outage of SMS over the weekend, with many Sprint customers reporting that Sprint says they are "updating" their phones

- Some reported that this kind of outage happens when Sprint is updating/upgrading their system

- On the Sprint website, you can find this by searching support for 8330 + MMS:

Although no confirmation from Sprint. No official estimate on when this feature will be added.
    11-25-08 09:17 AM
    I thought this was the official release. Had to fight with BlackBerry's site and it still has 4.3 posted.
    11-25-08 09:20 AM
    On the Sprint website, you can find this by searching support for 8330 + MMS:

That has been on the site since day one th ceurve came out...I dont think we will ever see MMS personally. Ipray I am WRONG on this but Sprint is too busy trying to stay afloat than to make the changes to be a real company and really compete...

I have 4.5.0.97 on my Sprint curve and of all the betas Ive installed - I like it the best OP.
    Last edited by MsRandall; 11-25-08 at 09:27 AM.
    11-25-08 09:23 AM
    has anybody designed an app for mms?
    there was a guys in the treo world that made an smms program.
    it actually worked better than the sprint released one
    11-25-08 11:51 AM
    I finally broke down and installed 4.5.0.97 and have had no problems with it, html email and all, after resending service books. No app will get us MMS though as there has to be service books to go along with it.
    I do have great service with Sprint, and I do not have to pay extra for GPS.
    11-25-08 12:14 PM
    I believe Altell blocked MMS until recently, too my best knowledge. Sprint might let you guys do it. MMS is in their system you could say. You can buy a "free after rebate" phone and send MMS with it. For some reason, Sprint feels the need to block MMS on their high end smart phones. BTW I had a 8130 and a Motorola Razr2 with Sprint, so I've personally dealt with Sprint.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-08 08:11 PM
    i installed it today as well with no problems at all, more memory, seems like a snappier response, just followed the directions and it worked out great, loving the new email.
    11-25-08 08:35 PM
    On the Sprint website, you can find this by searching support for 8330 + MMS:

That has been on the site since day one th ceurve came out...I dont think we will ever see MMS personally. Ipray I am WRONG on this but Sprint is too busy trying to stay afloat than to make the changes to be a real company and really compete...

I have 4.5.0.97 on my Sprint curve and of all the betas Ive installed - I like it the best OP.
    where did you get 4.5.0.97?? i juz downloaded .77 last week and i was gonna attempt to update but then i saw there was a .89 and i was like wtf?!

now theres a .97???!!! lol well where can i go to get it so i can download it and install it? i dont remember where i got .77 from.
    11-26-08 05:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD